View Full Version : Here's some info current Dex tablets

redrose
05-23-16, 12:45 PM
Hi All,
I posted this on the sticky about availability but thought it might be useful for "which generic?"
Each manufacturers are different than another's. Barr/Teva is different with each lot, you may get mostly Dex or you may get Dex and Adderall.
I personally cannot function with any amount of the salt.
If one isn't doing it for you, please try a different manufacturer. It's often worth looking for the right one for you.

So here's my other post. I hope it helps someone:
AN ANSWER For Tablets

The problem people are experiencing now is with the name, not a lack of availability.

There is once again Brand names for this medication and "Dexedriine" by Amedra is one of them. You will likely not find any pharmacies that have it yet,

If you ask most pharmacies for DEXTROAMPHETAMINE SULFATE, they will likely have it by one of several current generic companies. There are a few newly approved generics stocking now, However If your Rx says "Dexedrine" you'll be told they don't have it. The good news is it is identical to the less expensive generic versions by CorePharma and Amedra itself.

Then there is brand Zenzedi which is identical to the generics by Mikart and Wilshire

The current generics are:
Aurolife
Corepharma
ETHEX
GAVIS
KVETCH
MALLINCKRODT
Mikart
NOVEL
Wilshire
ZYDUS
And of course what I consider to be a dangerous crap shoot: Barr/Teva.

For background, I've been taking Dex since the original days of Abbott, Smith Kline and Glaxo, I've taken almost all of them.

Today I am trying KVETCH which feels a lot like the original Dextrostat. with the little extra edge and why I can type all this info at 1:30 am.

The closest to the original Dexedrine is most definitely Amedra/CorePharma. There's no physical effect, just mental. And subtle. You could almost swear it wasn't working till you look back at what you got done. It's my personal preference.

Everyone will have their own preference , but rest assured, it's now more available than ever before, you just have to ask for dextroamphetamine sulfate with a prescription that says the same thing. Not Dexedrine.

All the inf needed can be found here:
https://dailymed.nlm.nih.gov/dailyme...+TABLET%22%29+

Little Nut
05-24-16, 11:30 AM
--SNIP--
Each manufacturers are different than another's. Barr/Teva is different with each lot, you may get mostly Dex or you may get Dex and Adderall.
I personally cannot function with any amount of the salt.
If one isn't doing it for you, please try a different manufacturer. It's often worth looking for the right one for you.

--SNIP--

Hey R<sup>2</sup>, thx for the info. I'm not trying to make a passive/aggressive veiled nasty comment, but what is this salt you are talking about. If it is Adderall, I know it is a mixture of iirc 4 salts. OTOH dex is a mixture of one salt, the Sulfate salt. This same salt is one of the active ingredients in Adderall. Regards, -LN

redrose
05-29-16, 10:48 AM
Hey R<sup>2</sup>, thx for the info. I'm not trying to make a passive/aggressive veiled nasty comment, but what is this salt you are talking about. If it is Adderall, I know it is a mixture of iirc 4 salts. OTOH dex is a mixture of one salt, the Sulfate salt. This same salt is one of the active ingredients in Adderall. Regards, -LN

Sorry, it was late. I cannot tolerate Adderall. Thank you for catching that

I infer no personality type to responses, lol!