View Full Version : Sleep reminders

stef
05-29-16, 04:17 PM
I desperately need to get out of this pattern of falling asleep on the couch, without brushing teeth or removing makeup!
could someone just tell me nicely, stef go get ready for bed? in 45 minutes.

IDK many of us seem to have sleep issues here, with the different time zones maybe we can help each other with this :)

Little Missy
05-29-16, 04:43 PM
hey! get ready for bed!:)

Little Missy
05-29-16, 04:59 PM
Please take the time to get ready for bed. NOW. :)

Little Missy
05-29-16, 05:02 PM
uh-oh...she's asleep with make-up on, no brushy toothies and she can't even be awakened to get ready for bed.

Off that couch Lady, NOW!

stef
05-29-16, 05:06 PM
lol i said nicelly
omg though -i actually had been asleep for about 20 minutes

Little Missy
05-29-16, 05:10 PM
You didn't hear the tone of my voice. The written word may have seemed not nice but it was very nice. :) Time to get ready for bed. You have a busy day tomorrow.

stef
05-29-16, 05:30 PM
hmm, the system itself is flawed if im already asleep!

TygerSan
05-30-16, 09:10 AM
I've had some success with setting a watch alarm for 45min to an hour before I want to be asleep. It's just enough of a cue, and might even wake you up if you happen to drift off.

Fuzzy12
05-30-16, 09:40 AM
How brushing your teeth and removing make up immediately after dinner?

stef
05-30-16, 09:54 AM
How brushing your teeth and removing make up immediately after dinner?

that's too early! I know it doesn't make sense
but it would feel totally wrong
I'll have to try setting an alarm on my phone or ipad again
(I did this once but i purposefully fellinto a deep sleep - because of the alarm- so i just turned it off and went back to sleep :doh:)

20thcenturyfox
10-26-16, 02:18 AM
but I have programmed my Blackberry to play "Mr. Sandman" at 8:58 pm, and "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" at 9:58.

So why am I still tapping away at seventeen minutes after midnight. Who said anything about self-regulation problems?

stef
10-26-16, 09:09 AM
I completely forgot that I started this thread :giggle:
It still happens; I just get SO sleepy after dinner

Little Missy
10-26-16, 09:22 AM
I completely forgot that I started this thread :giggle:
It still happens; I just get SO sleepy after dinner

well Hells Bells, traipsing around Paree and all that train action...add on Bossy Crabby Pants and whatnot, digging up some din-din...:eek: I'd be asleep too.

stef
10-26-16, 09:37 AM
well Hells Bells, traipsing around Paree and all that train action...add on Bossy Crabby Pants and whatnot, digging up some din-din...:eek: I'd be asleep too.

OMG :lol::lol::lol:
Bossy Crabby Pants!

Little Missy
10-26-16, 09:48 AM
OMG :lol::lol::lol:
Bossy Crabby Pants!

and I always imagine him as a little guy, all French and all...sometimes twirling his little mustache at the corner of his mouth with his little fingers...I don't know why. American stereotypical thinking, I suppose.

Little Missy
10-26-16, 09:50 AM
but I have programmed my Blackberry to play "Mr. Sandman" at 8:58 pm, and "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" at 9:58.

So why am I still tapping away at seventeen minutes after midnight. Who said anything about self-regulation problems?

Mr. Sandman has that hook you can't get out of your head and The Lion Sleeps Tonight has that bright oooo-weeee...that would keep me up:eek:

20thcenturyfox
10-26-16, 11:24 AM
Mr. Sandman has that hook you can't get out of your head and The Lion Sleeps Tonight has that bright oooo-weeee...that would keep me up:eek:

Well, the idea was that I need to get moving towards bedtime, so I don't end up like OP! I guess I should add Pachelbel's Canon at 10:30 or so. Talk about a hook, though. Albinoni's Adagio in G, perhaps.

Got any other suggestions?

Little Missy
10-26-16, 12:12 PM
Well, the idea was that I need to get moving towards bedtime, so I don't end up like OP! I guess I should add Pachelbel's Canon at 10:30 or so. Talk about a hook, though. Albinoni's Adagio in G, perhaps.

Got any other suggestions?

Well, Carmina Burana is popular but it can be rather frightening intensity-wise!

stef
10-26-16, 12:33 PM
and I always imagine him as a little guy, all French and all...sometimes twirling his little mustache at the corner of his mouth with his little fingers...I don't know why. American stereotypical thinking, I suppose.

LOL! he's over 6 feet tall. no mustache. no beret :)

Little Missy
10-26-16, 12:41 PM
LOL! he's over 6 feet tall. no mustache. no beret :)

:lol: whats for dinner?

stef
10-26-16, 01:05 PM
:lol: whats for dinner?

breaded chicken patties & veggies (peas/carrots/green beans)
and no falling asleep on the couch afterwards!

Little Missy
10-26-16, 01:12 PM
breaded chicken patties & veggies (peas/carrots/green beans)
and no falling asleep on the couch afterwards!

okayyyyy....if you say so...:lol:

stef
10-27-16, 04:04 AM
okayyyyy....if you say so...:lol:

Epic fail!
I must have fallen asleep at about 10:40. I really must stop this.

H3g3m0n
02-25-17, 12:37 AM
I set multiple popup messages on my computer starting at 9:30, 10:00, 10:15, 10:30, 10:45, and then like every 15min.

Since I'm always on my computer, which I know its not good sleep hygiene but meh. I do use a program similar to F.lux that make the screen turn redder and seems to help .

I used to have phone alarms, but they started to really annoy me. Also I would have to make sure I remembered to turn them off if I went to bed early.

Main problem is I often have a difficult time pulling myself away from whatever it is I'm doing and brushing my teeth etc... Otherwise I'm to tired to actually get up and go to bed and miss the sleep window.

Even when I stop what I'm doing, I often end up taking ages to actually get into bed.

Ideally getting as ready as possible for bed in advance is useful (doing teeth at 9:30 when I'm intending to get into bed at 10:00). Showing before dinner.

Unfortunately I start to build up a 'tolerance' for the alarms/messages. I basically form the habit of turning them off without thinking about them.

stef
02-25-17, 05:24 AM
Is it possible to set up multiple popup messages on an ipad?
What app or program is this?

Im still struggling with this

Of course the obvious solution is " dont sit on the couch in the evening"
But goodness my days are long and after dinner i can FINALLY unwind