View Full Version : Dealing With Loss of Sexual Libido

Noitartst
05-31-16, 02:54 AM
(This is the most appropriate forum I could find; I checked.)

I'm 37, in excellent health, and have had a decrease in my sex drive; what are the odds it it too much masturbation?

Fuzzy12
05-31-16, 07:34 AM
As far as I know masturbation doesn't cause a loss in libido. Are you taking any medication? Could they be causing changes in your sex drive? Also, based on your other thread, it sounds like you've been under a lot of stress recently, which could be causing the loss of libido.

bluejay14
05-31-16, 08:10 AM
I would say if you're still masturbating then you haven't really lost your libido? Just that for whatever reason you're choosing to go solo. Loss of libido to me would imply loss of interest in any sexual activity, including masturbation.
I guess if you're masturbating regularly there is maybe less physical motivation to have sex with another person, but sexual desire/behaviour usually more complicated than that. There are so many factors that can disrupt things - stress, anxiety, the nature of relationship, self-esteem, medication, physical health... just to name a few.

Noitartst
05-31-16, 09:31 PM
No, no change libido, and my masturbation habits have been the same for years.

I've been far more stressed, and yet erect; I think I've eye flirted with less women over the last couple years, and that's big part. zzthere when unwanted, gone when I take it as a given.

Impromptu_DTour
06-01-16, 03:48 PM
(This is the most appropriate forum I could find; I checked.)

I'm 37, in excellent health, and have had a decrease in my sex drive; what are the odds it it too much masturbation?

well that depends on how much you are masturbating. The general answer to this is like.. "no amount of masturbating is too much", but if you have an erection for longer than 4 hours.. (on ANY medication, so i imagine the same should be considerable w/o being on medication), thats a problem that men are advised to cool it, or go to their dr. It can cause damage to nerves and various structures of the penis. This shouldnt affect your drive though.. but if your masturbating for like.. 12 - 16 hours per day.. i imagine there would be a definite negative impact on your libido. nothin that a break couldnt solve though - lol

Of course, this is excluding medication, diet, exersize, and stress reasons.

Noitartst
06-09-16, 12:11 AM
Well, my drive has just diminished, for whatever reasons. Not too long ago, I'd be masturbating 2 to four days a week, but now, it's harder to masturbate, and I less often get erections on the street, and when I do, they're weaker, than in the past.

bryanrc51
06-09-16, 01:12 AM
Could be as simple as you are getting older so hormone levels went down a little thus causing the loss of desire.

Noitartst
06-12-16, 01:13 AM
Indeed; I was wondering how common this was, for men in their late thirties, to feel a decrease in libido. I'm not the most active, but it's been very evident to me in the last two years.

s stimulating libido just like exercise?