View Full Version : Inattentive ADHD Report Cards

Tanical
05-31-16, 10:07 PM
I've now been officially diagnosed with inattentive ADHD and I have started on medication which is going really well.

During my appointments in order to get diagnosed. I had to drag out old school report cards to show that issues were present during childhood. What I found was quite surprising because with the exception of some turbulent years in high school, I always did quite well in school and had good relationships with my teachers.

If you're a parent and you're wondering whether your child has ADHD, feel free to take a look at some snippets from my report cards. I've uploaded them here: http://imgur.com/a/rEZup

A common theme is comments along the lines of "this grade does not reflect her ability, but her lack of application."

I'm a 26 year old female with inattentive ADHD. Those are some of my report card comments from year one, year eight and year ten.

Caco3girl
06-02-16, 10:11 AM
In grammar school the kids are babied. The teacher holds their hand and says do this, do that. As you get older they stop holding your hand and you have to do it on your own...and that is when the problems occur. When you can't turn in homework late, when 30% of your grade depends on classwork that you were daydreaming during and didn't get to finish. When they tell you a week ahead of time when the test is and don't mention it again...but it WAS written on the board the whole time, you just didn't notice.....yeah that is when the real problems begin.