View Full Version : Is the dopamine-linked theory of Schizophrenia means too much executive functioning?

baical
06-03-16, 08:02 AM
Are Schizophrenics less likely to be ADHD then? I would think they are very "attentive" to the voices in their heads?

I would assume the drawback here is usually the voices the Schizophrenic hears tend to be negative, not positive. It's only a theory after all and according to the article in Mad In America that I read, Schizophrenia and other mental illnesses may not even be because of what the popular theories are about them. It could be life stresses. Schizophrenia from what I understand was at first thought to be early stages of dementia. Also, anyone that goes to war that ends up with PTSD (some hear voices and hallucinates), should validate that it's life stresses and experiences that make up mental illnesses (it's how the mind processed these experiences). Even ADHD is being looked into as just someone being immature. LOL. :giggle:

SB_UK
06-04-16, 02:13 PM
autism - locked out from other people; systematizing-proficient - capable (Aspergers) of handling very complex logical systems
schizophrenia - locked out from self; systematizing-deficient - doesn't make sense

autism - male (not gender) archetype
Asperger's spectrum
'male' gender stereotype - functional without 'style'
-> ADHD (male gender enriched)
ADHD combined type [male/female archetype of mind balanced]*
-> ADD-I (female gender enriched)
'female' stereotype - dizzy blond (logically compromised) - 'style' without function
schizophrenia - female (not gender) archetype

* where what's best for the individual balances with what's best for the voices (species) <- wisdom structure of mind.

Goal
To drive the mind towards a model of understanding which reflects what is both best for the individual and best for the species.

Suggestion

ADD-I - if (morality) education fails -> ?? to schizophrenia-like behaviour ?? ie in absence of mind (understanding) - the individual doesn't form - becomes lost in the voices - makes no sense - is impossible to be around due to disastrous incapacity to communicate.

ADHD - if (morality) education fails -> ?? to Asperger's-like behaviour ?? ie incapacity to welcome the needs of others into the expression of self.

SB_UK
06-04-16, 02:19 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/health/bryony-gordon-on-her-struggles-with-drugs-bulimia-and-ocd-cocain/

voices + cocaine -> quiet

dopamine from systematizing - autism reward system - 'what's best for individual'
-> goal to achieve balance
dopamine from empathizing - schizophrenia reward system - 'what's best for species'

Reward system activation propels behaviour.

Characteristic behaviour of autism must be reward-driven ie reward acquisiiton must underlie behaviours chosen
Characteristic behaviour of schizophrenia - as above

Dopamine model of schizophrenia -
too much dopaine (consistent with above)

-*-

Morality education where individual and species pursue a personal/collective enquiry into theory and application of morality overcomes all.

-*-

Simple point

Mental disease spectrum - autism -> schizophrenia
What is a mind ?
Emergence of mind gave us the ability to ommunicate abstract ideas.
Communicate - fundamentally social
Abstract ideas - abstract (ie to see through the superficial reality within which the animal lives) ... ...

Abstract - fiction.

What's the point of fiction ?

What if we developed an actual scientific program in the real world based on fiction ?
eg genetic engineering on the basis that we'd be able to modify (intelligently) genomes.

It happened.

Abstract thought should only be investigated deeply when compatible with morality - making the world better.

How ? can we differentiate 'bad' abstract ideas from 'good' abstract ideas ?

ie how do we define whether we should be eg throwing $billions into vaccines for diseases which poor people get and 'll never be able to afford vs generating sustainable communities with all basic preventative measures incorporated ?

The solution is obvious - but a model of eg medical research which has medical researchers searching for immortality via paper, patent and biotech company - calls the shots.

So - how do we differentiate bad from good abstract ideas ?
Simply remove the profit motie, remove money, remove hierarchy at work (power) such that all people who work in defining good 'abstract' ideas - are doing so for the reward system of making the world better and not the reward system of making themselves better off than other people.

Game over.

A world without co-ercion which rescues ADD - autism overcome through eg re-balancing systematizing - systematizing with empathizing component (Simon Baron Cohen)
- overcome schizophrenia - define simple model of reality - deactivate esoteric confusing languages - superimpose a simple model of reality - prevent ADD-I from descending into schizophrenia - because education catches - ie means something - has an effect on actually changing the logical structure of mind of the individual.

Compare with current educational schemes which're islands of logical connection submerging with time under global warming.

'It's almost as if I never took the subjects that I passed examinations in just a few years ago'

Education should be like (cerebellar automatizing) riding a bike.

If you learn you can't unlearn.

SB_UK
06-04-16, 02:37 PM
ADD - developmental delay
Failure in education (ADD-I child out of depth)
Regression - developmental delay extends

Schizophrenia arises - with connection to 'immaturity' extended.

Autism - early onset
male archetype
Schizophrenia - later onset
female archetype

female archetype occurs after male archetype.

Generally female archetype balances male to seal an abstraction layer eg
Glutamate + stimulate -> <- GABA - inhibitory
male -> <- female

Fortune
06-04-16, 02:57 PM
Are Schizophrenics less likely to be ADHD then? I would think they are very "attentive" to the voices in their heads?

I would assume the drawback here is usually the voices the Schizophrenic hears tend to be negative, not positive. It's only a theory after all and according to the article in Mad In America that I read, Schizophrenia and other mental illnesses may not even be because of what the popular theories are about them. It could be life stresses. Schizophrenia from what I understand was at first thought to be early stages of dementia. Also, anyone that goes to war that ends up with PTSD (some hear voices and hallucinates), should validate that it's life stresses and experiences that make up mental illnesses (it's how the mind processed these experiences). Even ADHD is being looked into as just someone being immature. LOL. :giggle:

When you hear voices it's not so much that you are better at attending to them than other things but rather that they are very insistent and often distracting. It's not that you're more attentive, it's that they are hard to ignore.

Anyway, there are many disorders that can cause psychosis, but that doesn't mean causality is the same for all of them. PTSD is due to traumatic experiences but this doesn't mean schizophrenia is also caused by experiences. It might be, of course, but I think it's easy to get caught up in a grand unified theory that would tie everything together in a neat package, but the brain (and consciousness) is probably much more complicated than that.

mildadhd
06-05-16, 10:41 AM
-types of distresses?

-types of experiences?

-types of ages?

-types of temperaments?

-types of dopamineSEEKING?

-types of brain processes?

-types of arousals?

-types of emotions?

-types of learning?

-types of memories?