View Full Version : Getting Vyvanse without canadian prescription

palace
06-14-16, 11:11 AM
Hi all,

I recently moved into Quebec, Canada, and I don't have health insurance yet. Just my travel insurance. I'm running out of Vyvanse I brought from Spain. (There is called Elvanse).

Can I buy vyvanse in Quebec without a prescription?

I have a full English report from my spanish psychiatrist, and can ask for a spanish prescription.

Would such report or prescription help me?

When I get local insurance, I need to find out how to deal with the medication.
I will get first local private insurance, and later Quebec province insurance.

QuasarMind
06-14-16, 05:30 PM
If you make more less than $35,640 USD in a single person household, you may want to call up the Shire Cares program to ask if the program applies works in Canada. At first glance, I can't find anything disqualifying Canada but the form is written in a USA format. Worth calling to ask, maybe they will tell you if Shire Canada has their own program.

https://www.shire.com/patients/patient-services/shire-cares

emontreal
06-14-16, 07:44 PM
I live in Canada. You need to get a Family doctor ASAP, as that's the person that would connect you to a Psych. Once you have your psych, you will be able to get your prescription. I don't think any pharmacy would honor prescriptions from other countries. In my experience, Canadians are very much 'by the rule' and won't bend the process.

Hope it helps.

Fuzzy12
06-15-16, 12:01 AM
Maybe ask a pharmacist what is the best course of action. I've got no idea how or works in Canada but I'm guessing that most probably you'd have to get a prescription from a doctor. They should be able to tell you though what your next step should be

palace
06-16-16, 05:24 PM
Thank you all!