View Full Version : Tips for sleep

Laserbeak
06-15-16, 11:35 PM
This is kind of do as I say not as I do since I rarely do it, but when I do it works:

Go to bed fairly early (depending on you, that could be anywhere between 11pm and 1am)

Make sure your bedding is brushed off, the corners of your bottom sheet are firmly attached to your mattress and use a comfortable comforter.

Set your air conditioner or heater to a setting that will be comfortable all night

Have an alarm set to when you wake up, and try to maintain the schedule even if you don't have to work, etc.

Place a full glass of water on your nightstand in case you get thirsty during the night (if you really get thirsty, you can add a pitcher too)

Turn off the lights or dim them to almost off

Turn off the TV

Turn off your computer (not just sleep, you might be tempted to check your e-mail or social media)

Turn on the radio to a low volume light hits station

Make sure your smartphone is muted so you don't hear any beeps, rings, chimes, etc.

Take a Restoril/Temazepam or your favorite other sleeping pill, if desired

Think about good memories from your past, don't relieve the day

That's what I can think of now...

Simargl
06-15-16, 11:49 PM
I'm terrible at going to bed early. There are times when I have to and chamomile tea works well for me. I'm really susceptible to the the stuff for some reason. If that doesn't work I'll try a breathing meditation.

And if that doesn't work I count the minutes as they slip by into the morning.

Laserbeak
06-16-16, 12:03 AM
Oh, floss and brush your teeth too. Not only is it good for hygiene, but waking up in the middle of the night with a nasty mouth is really, well, nasty and can keep you up.

Laserbeak
06-16-16, 12:19 AM
If you possibly can, don't get anything less than a queen sized bed. King is preferable if you have a partner you regularly sleep with.