View Full Version : Any advice on what to do? Know any doctors in Houston?

Beltraad
06-15-16, 11:50 PM
I used to be on Vyvanse 4 years ago. I was on it for 2 years before I had to stop because of insurance reasons and cost. It truly helped me so much throughout my day. I regret stopping it. I now have insurance but its not great. Very few psychiatrists take it and the ones that I've found that do take it, are not accepting new patients. I tried to make an appointment with my GP about it but the office staff shut me down. They told me the doctor will not see me for attention issues. I can't focus and I'm irritable because of it. My responsibilities add up and I miserably (and in an unorganized way) get through them. I live in Houston. Does anyone know where I could go? Are there any general practitioners that help with this? I've called almost 20 psychiatrists and I've had absolutely no luck. Please help!

Cyllya
06-18-16, 06:43 PM
Yeah, get a different GP.

Is your past psychiatrist still an option, except for the cost? Maybe you can save up enough money for an appointment? I think their "medication management" appointments are relatively cheap.

Cyllya
06-18-16, 07:20 PM
Also, when a care provider "doesn't accept" your insurance, usually all that means is they won't conveniently bill the insurance on your behalf. As long as your insurance will cover that procedure/appointment, you can usually submit the bill to the insurance company and get reimbursed. It only works if you can manage to pay full-price in advance, and you may have to pay a greater share than what you'd pay if you used one of their "preferred providers" (out-of-network rate). Personally, I'm too disorganized to have ever done this when I've tried, but you may have better skills in that regard. If you want to make sure your insurance will cover it, you can contact them beforehand to be preapproved.