View Full Version : Wellbutrin with Dexedrine

cobain67
06-16-16, 06:45 PM
Does anyone find this combination helpful?

Has anyone taking just Dexedrine alone for a period of time, then added Wellbutrin? If so, what changes in symptoms did you notice?

I'm considering adding Wellbutrin to Dexedrine as one of several options, and would like personal input.

Thank you

Laserbeak
06-17-16, 03:05 AM
I'm taking Wellbutrin with Adderall, and it seems to help. I was on Wellbutrin before I started Adderall though, and when my doctor put me on Adderall, he cut the dose of Wellbutrin in half since they're both speedy drugs.

aeon
06-17-16, 11:45 AM
I have taken Wellbutrin + Dexedrine for a number of years.

I have also taken each without the other.

Dexedrine certainly brightens my mood like nothing I have ever experienced.

That said, it isn’t an antidepressant, at least not in the long-acting sense, not in the way Wellbutrin is (for me).

I haven’t noticed any interaction between the two. The science might suggest there would be some, but my experience is otherwise.

60mg Dexedrine CR + 450mg Wellbutrin XR (all as generics)

Cheers,
Ian

emperorpenguin
07-08-16, 09:21 AM
I'm taking both. However, I was already on Wellbutrin long before I started any ADHD meds, so I can't really attribute anything to an interaction since I never took ADHD meds in isolation.

I've looked around and it seems difficult to find good information on the subject (which isn't just speculation). I'm not sure any in-vivo studies have been done. You'll find everything from, "this is a dangerous drug interaction!" to "they don't affect each other at all". Some speculate that they have a synergistic effect, with Wellbutrin either potentiating amphetamines or extending their duration. Who knows?

FocusPocus10
07-28-16, 11:26 PM
I'm taking both. However, I was already on Wellbutrin long before I started any ADHD meds, so I can't really attribute anything to an interaction since I never took ADHD meds in isolation.

I've looked around and it seems difficult to find good information on the subject (which isn't just speculation). I'm not sure any in-vivo studies have been done. You'll find everything from, "this is a dangerous drug interaction!" to "they don't affect each other at all". Some speculate that they have a synergistic effect, with Wellbutrin either potentiating amphetamines or extending their duration. Who knows?

No one, but could you please tell us how it is working for you? If you are on here doing research on how other people find it I assume there must be some problem with it that made you wonder no?

bamboo
10-19-16, 03:29 PM
I've tried dexedrine (although it was called dexamphetemine here in Holland) for 3 weeks. At first it made me feel amazing, I finalllyyyy got all of my homework done and I felt smart again. After a few days I started to get really restless and panicking at night, when the dex had stopped working.

Therefore my psychiatrist told me to quit dex and prescribed me Wellbutrin (150mg). She said that if the wellbutrin only works for my mood (slightly bending towards depression sometimes), but not for concentration, I'm allowed to take dexedrine together with the wellbutrin.

Will the wellbutrin prevent the anxious/panic/restless feeling? I would like to have it back because it worked really really well while daytime. But I for sure don't want the bad side effects back.

cobain67
02-19-17, 02:57 PM
I personally have tried Wellbutrin IR and XR, and only made it a day or two with each, as I feel "wrong" or "off" as in not myself when introducing this chemical into my system.. Life feels kinda chaotic in a way I cannot put my finger on, other than it being a sense of being ungrounded or disconnected from others. FOR ME in the brief time I tried Wellbutrin I couldn't say the feeling was pleasant... Perhaps more time would be needed to fairly assess?