View Full Version : Global Warming ???? uhm , er ....yup ....

salleh
06-19-16, 04:32 PM
.....I got a look at the map of the US a couple of days ago, and more than 3/4 of it was pictured as very dark red ....records being set all over the country ....

....now one of the biggest reasons I continue to put up with my touchy roommate is that it means living in Emeryville for the summers.....the ave. temp is about 74 degrees ....a heat wave is 3 or 4 days over 80 degrees.....this has spoiled me rotten ....I hate heat ....and will do anything to avoid it ....it does cramp my style too....won't go where I know it's gonna be really hot...I get mean in the heat ...and whiney, and desperate to cool off ...

....but the big problem with heat is that it can hurt you ....so the rest of you guys out there in the real world, where the temps are getting hotter every year ....be as safe as you can be please .....

...There's lots of tips for staying cool, the one that I learned many years ago is to take a dishcloth sized towel or a dishcloth for that matter, wet it down, wring it out and wear it around you neck ....not appropriate for all occasions but when you can wear that wet towel, you'll find it cools you off in a big way ....

Little Missy
06-19-16, 04:35 PM
haha, my mum used to wear one around her head floating in the pool with her sunglasses on!

stef
06-19-16, 05:42 PM
i don't know what's going on, this has been the most rain since 1900 here
You all be careful in the states

Fuzzy12
06-19-16, 06:59 PM
i don't know what's going on, this has been the most rain since 1900 here
You all be careful in the states

There's flooding in France isn't there?

We had 3 super hot days and now it's just been raining non stop again with no end in sight.

I can't take the heat either though. Drives me absolutely crazy. My brain starts to melt and I get even more ditzy than normal.

Fortune
06-19-16, 07:21 PM
Heat wrecks me.

Unmanagable
06-19-16, 08:39 PM
I keep a spray bottle with me all summer long, everywhere I go. It's one of the benefits of not wearing make-up and fussing with my hair. :)

I even save on using the a/c in the car by doing so. A few spritzes of water with the windows rolled down feels better than any a/c I've ever used.

As much as heat bothers me, so does the a/c, especially if it's cranked wide open. Cold hurts me more than heat, but heat takes my breath and energy away.

Six of one, half dozen of the other. Good ol' solar radiation management. Manufactured weather at its best/worst.

stef
06-20-16, 03:31 AM
There's flooding in France isn't there?

Yes, two weeks ago the Seine flooded.
only the treetops were above water, at the areas where you can walk down to the quai. The water is still high and there are none of those tourist boats.

And it's STILL not nice out, and there was a massive downpour Saturday evening (I got caught in it, my feet and entire bottom of my jeans were completely soaked).
this is usually one of the most beautiful times of the year.

Laserbeak
06-20-16, 03:44 AM
I think there probably is some type of global climate change going on, but I think the climate has been changing since the world's been turning. I think human activity has little or nothing to do with it and we have little power to change it.