View Full Version : The difference in my half dosage and full

Kfritzsche
06-20-16, 08:27 AM
Hey everyone,

I'm a first time poster and actually new to taking adderall. I have always struggled with paying attention and my doctor wanted me to start on adderall. She knows I have panic attacks due to my anxiety, she prescribed me 20mg to take twice a day, these first 3 days I have just took 10mg each time and overall has helped a lot but still have little panic attacks. Would taking the full 20mg make the panic attacks worse? I have read some places saying that taking the full dosage could actually eliminate the panic attacks. Thank you everyone for any help you might be able to give me!

bryanrc51
07-25-16, 04:13 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm a first time poster and actually new to taking adderall. I have always struggled with paying attention and my doctor wanted me to start on adderall. She knows I have panic attacks due to my anxiety, she prescribed me 20mg to take twice a day, these first 3 days I have just took 10mg each time and overall has helped a lot but still have little panic attacks. Would taking the full 20mg make the panic attacks worse? I have read some places saying that taking the full dosage could actually eliminate the panic attacks. Thank you everyone for any help you might be able to give me!

I don't have very frequent panic attacks but they do occur, I get what almost feels like a mild panic attack. I can say Adderall calms me down and even helps somewhat with the anxiety. I used to be deathly afraid of bees, a nest could cause me a panic attack if I had to go in it's vicinity. One time I went home for lunch to grill a sausage and i heard a bee, I ran so fast I twisted my ankle and stained my pants from the grass. The other day I looked down and saw a bee next to me on the pavement and it did not bother me.

So I would guess if Adderall calms you down at half the dose that the full might even work better but if not who knows.