View Full Version : I just got an MRI for my elbow (damn!)

Laserbeak
06-21-16, 10:32 PM
I had to lay down with my arm outstretched like Superman for a half an hour while all these crazy loud (even with the earplugs they put in me) alarm-like noises went blaring! I'm not claustrophobic at all, but I can imagine what hell that would be if you were!

I had one a long time ago for the same elbow, but they had me situated differently, this was slightly more uncomfortable.

TygerSan
06-21-16, 10:47 PM
There isn't much room in the tube at all, is there? I've participated in brain studies. They pushed me in and my nose felt like it was millimeters from the bore. :O The only thing that saved me from feeling totally closed in was a mirror aimed also I could see outside the apparatus.

Laserbeak
06-22-16, 12:08 AM
I was on my stomach with one arm straight forward (the one being imaged) and the other straight back with a bulb in my hand to squeeze as sort of a panic button if I started freaking out. My face was pretty much buried in a pillow.

Like I said, I'm not claustrophobic, so it didn't bother me that much but the loud noise was amazing, I don't know what causes it. I understand the basic theory behind how MRI works, but don't know why it would make such loud, weird noises and take so long.