View Full Version : Strenuous exercise on 2.5-5mg dexedrine safe?

E92_335i
06-24-16, 03:35 PM
Thanks to medication, I've recently been able to stick to a daily workout regimen.

Of course, working out without dexedrine is not effective. It gives me the mental "oomph" to stick to my routine.

I've heard it's unsafe to do so, and so have lowered my dose to 2.5mg which gives me some efficacy. 5 mg would probably be more ideal.

Is this dangerous? I really, really would love to be able to stick to a workout regimen for the first time in my life. And have been fortunate to be able to respond strongly to 5-10mg a day for a few years at this point. But without the medication I can't seem to have the mental organization to learn the exercises and follow through (I can do cardio fine without them, though).

Hi, posting this here because there are a lot more viewers.

Thanks to medication, I've recently been able to stick to a daily workout regimen.

Of course, working out without dexedrine is not effective. My main issue is having the willpower to FOLLOW through in the gym, and that's something pre workouts aren't really giving me :(

I've heard it's unsafe to do so, and so have lowered my dose to 2.5mg which gives me some efficacy. 5 mg would probably be more ideal.

Is this dangerous? I really, really would love to be able to stick to a workout regimen for the first time in my life. And have been fortunate to be able to respond strongly to 5-10mg a day for a few years at this point.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Laserbeak
06-24-16, 04:03 PM
On Adderall, I'd say no.

Dexedrine, maybe. Start slow and work up. Be very aware of your heart, blood pressure, et. and stop if you start feeling overworked.

aeon
06-24-16, 04:47 PM
I work out on 60mg of Dexedrine with my doctor’s approval. And I have a heart condition!

Check with your doctor. And stay hydrated.

Cheers,
Ian

Protazoid
06-25-16, 02:30 PM
Yes, you will be fine. Just listen to your body.

5mg is a very small dose.

Jenn1202
06-26-16, 05:33 PM
You may want to ask your doctor. I asked my cardiologist and he said it was safe, but personally, I can't exercise on Dex because it makes me feel like I'm running out of breath a lot faster. If your doc says it's ok and you feel like you can exercise on this medication, you should be ok.

Kafkas
09-05-16, 05:41 AM
I take 15-20mg of dexamphetamine, and go to the gym for weight lifting. also, I train 4-5 days of Brazilian jiu jitsu which is very similar to wrestling. This martial arts training can be really extreme especially when I do sparring, like an hour sparring or competition preparation. It was only beneficial, no downsides whatsoever. I was already doing these activities before I started the medication. So, if you concern about your health, make sure consult with your doctors. every individual reacts differently to medication.