View Full Version : High functioning sociopath's calm voice of Dexter

Gilthranon
06-25-16, 07:23 PM
But... you're a psychopath ...
- High functioning sociopath, do your research ! With your number *big smile*
~ Sherlock (and yes I know he isn't one)

All jokes aside I actually had a dream the other night I was wishing I had the ever calm voice of Dexter in any stressful situation that always sees reason and thinks clearly

Yeah fair enough, high functioning sociopath, but sometimes I feel like I am ^^ I mean, the character, fictional as he may be, has always rational reflections, not restrained by emotions, it stands within reason to be appealed by some magic objective resolutions no matter the pressure or confronting situation, being unaffected by anything or anyone, who wouldn't love that for a change ?

Sam_Harlo
04-06-17, 08:50 PM
But... you're a psychopath ...
- High functioning sociopath, do your research ! With your number *big smile*
~ Sherlock (and yes I know he isn't one)

All jokes aside I actually had a dream the other night I was wishing I had the ever calm voice of Dexter in any stressful situation that always sees reason and thinks clearly

Yeah fair enough, high functioning sociopath, but sometimes I feel like I am ^^ I mean, the character, fictional as he may be, has always rational reflections, not restrained by emotions, it stands within reason to be appealed by some magic objective resolutions no matter the pressure or confronting situation, being unaffected by anything or anyone, who wouldn't love that for a change ?

Hm interesting post. Funnily enough the reference is actually quite wrong.

According to the diagnostics statistics manual v 2013 (by American Psychiatric Association) psychopath and sociopath are interchangeable terms.

The definition is: any person that is born with weak neural connections in the parts of their brain that control and/or regulate emotion. (Like fear and empathy).

This is a good primer on psychopathy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychopathy (wiki is always right!)

coolbanana
05-03-17, 06:45 PM
its not so rational to do what Dexter does. Dexter appears to crave, to be addicted to killing. From what I remember of the show , the code was something he adopted and was taught for self preservation. Its quite a disturbing feeling for a regular human who feels connected on a human level to all the characters to take a step back and see things from Dexters perspective. Dexter is 100% emotionally self sufficient. He wouldnt want to be alike anyone else. A rational Dexter would have different wants.