View Full Version : If you have never wrote a new member intro, what would you say about yourself now?

sarahsweets
06-30-16, 03:29 PM
I dont think I wrote a new member intro- but if I did, I am sure it would be like I was writing about another person. Its been five years since Ive joined and i cant believe it.
I am curious as to what people would say about themselves now as opposed to when they first joined?
Feel free to share a pretend intro here too!
How have you changed, and has this forum helped change you for the better?

What are you like now? Do you think you are a better person or I guess I mean a changed person now?
Everyone feel free to run with these questions and ideas as well as add others.
I will be sharing my new intro soon. Im still working on it.

midnightstar
06-30-16, 03:50 PM
I'd include what I was diagnosed with and say about both my cats <3 can't think well enough tonight to put anything together to show you though.

Fuzzy12
06-30-16, 04:29 PM
I think I'd say 'hello and please brace yourself for extremely long and repetitive posts from me. And a lot of them!!! '. :D

salleh
07-01-16, 01:38 PM
Challenging sarah ....I shall think on it.

Gilthranon
07-01-16, 01:46 PM
Yeah definitively, an unconditional venting place. Prevents boredom and I have a friend, real one here =) Better ? This definitively is a contributing factor as every evolution was assisted by this guide

BellaVita
07-02-16, 02:09 AM
Interesting post! I can't really remember if I did a new member intro.

It is SO much different than back then.

I wanna have some fun with this. :D

It's a bit hard to do as if I'm "new" so I have a hard time imagining it a bit, but this is sort of what my new member intro would be like now at this point in time:

New Member Introduction section:

Thread: Hi - I'm Bella!

Hello everyone!
I'm new here and was diagnosed with ADHD at age 17.

I am glad to find this community because it's nice to be around friendly people who share the same condition.

I have tried medication before, but now I'm currently off of all medication because at the moment I don't have insurance.

But that's okay! I'm happy and enjoying where my life is taking me.

At age 20 I escaped an abusive home situation that I had been in (some variation of) for my entire life. I've come a long way since then. I am much more happy and I'm healing every day.

I also have OCD, PTSD, anxiety, and I'm autistic. (oh, and I'm pretty much naturally nocturnal)

I have a dog Loua - she's awesome. I like working out, swimming, watching sciencey and philosophical videos, well I pretty much enjoy learning about many scientific topics, I am into MBTI stuff, autism stuff, and David Archuleta is the main singer I listen to. Oh, and IRL if you get me started on any of my special interests - I can talk for hours.

I never imagined my life could be as good as it is - and oh yeah I have a wonderful guy who I am going to marry soon! I'm building confidence, I am becoming who I've always been meant to be, and I accept myself.

I'm glad to have found these forums and can't wait to start having some discussions.

:)

-----

Haha, okay that's about all I could do. Not sure if that's accurate, as in, not sure if I'd really write that now if I just joined.

I did my best and it was fun. :)

Unmanagable
07-02-16, 09:45 AM
Hi.

I now know how to correctly spell unmanageable. lol

I still feel unmanageable, externally, but much more manageable internally. That's apparently the key to my wellness.

I finally found my way within to better innerstand self and situations after being diagnosed with multiple mental and physical dis-orders and dis-eases and trying multiple methods and medications for relief.

I finally learned how to love myself healthily and sustainably. Wow. I'd been taught ALL the wrong s***. (pardon my french, but it still angers me) I'd been pigeonholed into beLIEving there was only one road to relief, but was finding nothing but increased difficulty along the way.

I finally learned how to manage my days with much less use and ingestion of toxic things, and it paid off more than I could have ever imagined. And was the opposite of what MANY professionals had advised.

Looking forward to learning even more navigational skills for this grand side show called life as I get to know this place a little better.

Thanks for your presence and your time in sharing your stories and experiences in this space.

Be well and be big love, every chance you get. It's all we've got.

Peace.

sarahsweets
07-02-16, 09:52 AM
Interesting post! I can't really remember if I did a new member intro.

It is SO much different than back then.

I wanna have some fun with this. :D

It's a bit hard to do as if I'm "new" so I have a hard time imagining it a bit, but this is sort of what my new member intro would be like now at this point in time:

New Member Introduction section:

Thread: Hi - I'm Bella!

Hello everyone!
I'm new here and was diagnosed with ADHD at age 17.

I am glad to find this community because it's nice to be around friendly people who share the same condition.

I have tried medication before, but now I'm currently off of all medication because at the moment I don't have insurance.

But that's okay! I'm happy and enjoying where my life is taking me.

At age 20 I escaped an abusive home situation that I had been in (some variation of) for my entire life. I've come a long way since then. I am much more happy and I'm healing every day.

I also have OCD, PTSD, anxiety, and I'm autistic. (oh, and I'm pretty much naturally nocturnal)

I have a dog Loua - she's awesome. I like working out, swimming, watching sciencey and philosophical videos, well I pretty much enjoy learning about many scientific topics, I am into MBTI stuff, autism stuff, and David Archuleta is the main singer I listen to. Oh, and IRL if you get me started on any of my special interests - I can talk for hours.

I never imagined my life could be as good as it is - and oh yeah I have a wonderful guy who I am going to marry soon! I'm building confidence, I am becoming who I've always been meant to be, and I accept myself.

I'm glad to have found these forums and can't wait to start having some discussions.

:)

-----

Haha, okay that's about all I could do. Not sure if that's accurate, as in, not sure if I'd really write that now if I just joined.

I did my best and it was fun. :)

OMG Bella you are so right! You are so different now. Like not even the same person.