View Full Version : Which job are you good at and decided to continue doing ?

Emy_93
07-05-16, 11:21 AM
Hi , ladies and gentle men
Could you please tell me which job you finally find it is suitable for you as an ADDer
And if you don't mind , what is your previous job which didn't work with you at all ?

Corina86
07-05-16, 01:34 PM
I think that the environment is more important than the job itself, at least for me. As well as being medicated. When I was unmedicated, the only jobs that worked for me where those that didn't actually require a lot of work: part-time secretary/translator and full-time debt recovery officer. I know these can be stressful jobs, but I simply didn't have that much to do, so I spent a lot of time on the Internet. I tried accounting before and I sucked at it. The fact that my boss and my coworkers were all bullies was the worst part of it though.

Now that I'm medicated, I'm doing ok-ish. I won't have a great career in it, but once you get the hang of the routine, it's acceptable (while being medicated- I must emphasize that). I have a nice boss, a nice quiet coleague in the office, I can arrive anytime between 9-10, take breaks whenever I want, go for walks or browse stuff online, I have no restrictions on any websites, my office is exactly the way I want it to be, I can dress however I want. I make mistakes, but there are ways to double-check, so I always fix them in time. Other people who are double-checking my work are very very nice and would never tell my boss before telling me.

anonymouslyadd
07-05-16, 01:46 PM
You may find it helpful to look at a thread here (http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=174108) I created a few months ago on the subject.

In my current work, I get to do many things so it's never boring. Some tasks require being at a desk while others require being on the move. I think the variety of the work helps a great deal but the industry I'm in is probably the most important thing, as it's something I'm passionate about.

One of the worst jobs I've ever had was one in which I did the same thing over and over again. I was also sitting down and engaging in a task, assembling machines, that I had no prior interest or aptitude in. I have the hyperactive part and need to be moving.

lntense
07-05-16, 04:50 PM
Before being medicated with adderall I enjoyed physical labor more. Now the office setting is nice lol.

I was also going to college back when I was doing construction, got through college without adderall though. Would have made it 10x easier.

Goofycook
07-07-16, 01:55 AM
My job as a cook/manager is a great fit. I have lots of freedom to do things my way. Nobody else knows how to cook for large numbers of people. I'm a natural at creating something out of nothing. I hope to be there till I retire.

sarahsweets
07-07-16, 08:01 AM
Well...no career here so I guess raising kids is what Im good at. A lot of people think that I took the easy way our or am lazy. I assure you, raising three adhd kids when you have adhd yourself is not the easy way out.

sharansingh
07-12-16, 05:57 PM
I should more concentrate on environment around the work area. It should be able to medication too.