View Full Version : Don't know how I'm going to survive the summer

Chicky75
07-05-16, 03:34 PM
My office has not had working air conditioning so far this year (it maybe worked for 1 or 2 days, not consecutively). Today it was 88 in the office, though it was cool outside. Tomorrow and the next day it's supposed to be in the mid to high 90s and very humid outside. I'm actually afraid I'm going to pass out from the heat. It's hard enough some days to concentrate at work, when it's like this, it's impossible. :(

Fuzzy12
07-05-16, 03:37 PM
That sounds horrible. Really really horrible. I can't stand the heat. Especially not in stuffy office spaces.

Can you get a stand fan for your desk? They can really make a big difference. Also wear loose cotton clothing and drink lots of water!!

Unmanagable
07-05-16, 03:51 PM
Get a spritzer bottle and fill it with water and add a drop or two of peppermint essential oil and keep a fan at your desk. Spritz yourself in the face and neck area sporadically and let the fan blow on you.

Little Missy
07-05-16, 04:01 PM
I'd be bellerin' my head off and stomping around!

stef
07-05-16, 04:17 PM
ahhh i had that one summer
it was an old building there was just no AC

Chicky75
07-05-16, 05:00 PM
That sounds horrible. Really really horrible. I can't stand the heat. Especially not in stuffy office spaces.

Can you get a stand fan for your desk? They can really make a big difference. Also wear loose cotton clothing and drink lots of water!!

They're supposedly getting us fans tomorrow... We'll see. I haven't wanted to haul my own on the subway in the morning.

Little Missy

I'm serious! The squeaky wheel gets oiled. I'd call the air conditioning repairman for them.

Chicky75
Get a spritzer bottle and fill it with water and add a drop or two of peppermint essential oil and keep a fan at your desk. Spritz yourself in the face and neck area sporadically and let the fan blow on you.

:goodpost: That is a great idea! I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Little Missy
07-05-16, 05:01 PM
They're supposedly getting us fans tomorrow... We'll see. I haven't wanted to haul my own on the subway in the morning.

Fans my ***. I'd put up a big poster marking the temperature indoors in RED.

Chicky75
07-05-16, 05:01 PM

Much too hot to stomp around, the most I can do is lay limply in front of them. :D

Chicky75
07-05-16, 05:04 PM
I'm serious! The squeaky wheel gets oiled. I'd call the air conditioning repairman for them.

The repairman has been working on it for at least a month... Apparently, when they and the other agency we share the building with built the building, they decided to save money by getting an unheard of brand a/c from India. Which means a) they have to get parts from India and b) only one person in the area knows how to fix it. :doh:

Chicky75
07-06-16, 11:41 AM
A/C is working today!!!!!! :yes: My prayers to the A/C gods worked!

anonymouslyadd
07-06-16, 12:27 PM

Fans can make a huge difference.