View Full Version : Sydney prescriptions

barcelonaplan
07-06-16, 10:24 AM
I am a final year exchange student studying law in Singapore.

I have been diagnosed with ADHD since I was 12 and have been through various medications such as Ritalin and Adderall and it appears that Dexedrine has been the most helpful for me. I take 10 mgs of it every alternate day or every few days, and stay off it on vacations.

I just arrived in Australia and have heard from my peers that it is very difficult to get Dexedrine in Canberra. Will be up in Sydney to visit my friends and was wondering what are the clinics in Sydney which will more readily prescribe this medication to the correct patients?

Without Dexedrine, I find that I cannot concentrate very well, and get this impulse to switch to other tasks, or simply waste my time googling nonsense or playing computer games all day long. It gets annoying because I do have tasks to accomplish that are important academic-wise.

sarahsweets
07-08-16, 04:20 AM
why dont you take it everyday?

SJB928
08-22-16, 12:22 AM
Hi barcelonaplan,

There are no clinics in this country that will readily prescribe Dex without a full and detailed evaluation process. You will have to be seen by a qualified Psychiatrist who is also approved by the Minsitry of Health to prescribe the drug.

A good starting point (where I was first evaluated) is the Mind Care Centre in Sydney.

Hope this helps.