View Full Version : SNAKES on a TRAIN!!!

Laserbeak
07-07-16, 06:03 PM
So I get on the subway and after some delay they announce the train is going express and the next stop would be 42nd St. Then just seconds later they said "This train is going out of service now, please exit the train."

I was right in the middle of the train so the conductor was right there and I asked her what was going on and she said there was a loose snake onboard! They were going take the train all the way to a yard so an animal control person could find it and take it away.

There's always something weird going on here!

midnightstar
07-07-16, 06:07 PM
A snake???????????????????????? :eek::faint: *runs away* :eek:

Corina86
07-08-16, 04:12 PM
Some idiot probably lost it. Poor snake though. They're wonderful for pest control if left in the wild. I think they're kind of pretty. I never understood people' dislike of reptiles. Roaches are the only disgusting creatures.

stef
07-08-16, 05:34 PM
thate is always some train problem here and i picture some guy randomly choosing the reason ( once it was "wet leaves on the tracks")
tonight it was " an ill passenger at chatelet station" so i was 20 mn late to rehearsal.
He should add that one to his repetoire!

midnightstar
07-08-16, 05:37 PM
thate is always some train problem here and i picture some guy randomly choosing the reason ( once it was "wet leaves on the tracks")
tonight it was " an ill passenger at chatelet station" so i was 20 mn late to rehearsal.
He should add that one to his repetoire!

What about "the wrong type of snow on the tracks" :lol:

stef
07-08-16, 05:45 PM
more than 2 inches of any kind of snow is usually a peoblem for the commuter trains!

Fortune
07-08-16, 05:47 PM
See what's bothering me about this is I want to know what kind of snake and whether it was a pet.

Laserbeak
07-08-16, 05:50 PM
See what's bothering me about this is I want to know what kind of snake and whether it was a pet.

I'd like to know too, but unfortunately she didn't know or wasn't telling! :confused:

Little Missy
07-08-16, 06:20 PM
haha, here there is always a cattle drive, a sheep drive or an extra long coal train! Occasionally a rogue herd of turkeys can cause a ruckus pecking at car tires and scolding you. They just stand there in the way and taunt you.
Snow, no matter what kind or how deep stops nothing. If it gets that bad, they shut the gates to the interstate and that's it until they open them again!
In town, just don't stop and you'll be okay. :lol:

sarahsweets
07-09-16, 01:21 PM
So I get on the subway and after some delay they announce the train is going express and the next stop would be 42nd St. Then just seconds later they said "This train is going out of service now, please exit the train."

I was right in the middle of the train so the conductor was right there and I asked her what was going on and she said there was a loose snake onboard! They were going take the train all the way to a yard so an animal control person could find it and take it away.

There's always something weird going on here!

Did Samuel L Jackson swoop in to save the day?

psychopathetic
07-09-16, 01:57 PM
Some idiot probably lost it. Poor snake though. They're wonderful for pest control if left in the wild. I think they're kind of pretty. I never understood people' dislike of reptiles. Roaches are the only disgusting creatures.

My 2 perfectly adorable pet dubia roaches highly disagree! :lol:

They really are cute! They remind me of puppies haha

Corina86
07-09-16, 06:22 PM
My 2 perfectly adorable pet dubia roaches highly disagree! :lol:

They really are cute! They remind me of puppies haha

I take your word for it. I won't google it

Can I consider the spiders in my room as pets if they've been here longer than a month?

Gilthranon
07-10-16, 04:49 AM
I take your word for it. I won't google it

Can I consider the spiders in my room as pets if they've been here longer than a month?
Mine are - then again I gave them direction panels and flies

Fuzzy12
07-10-16, 07:49 AM
I know it makes no sense whatsoever but I'd he more scared of cockroaches on a train than snakes. Just the thought of it makes me shudder.

Apologies psycho, it's just pure and stupid prejudice.

Corina86
07-12-16, 03:48 PM
Speaking of roaches (offtopic), I found of couple of small ones- dead too- beneath some files at work. Of all the places a roach could be, those loser picked the accounting office! I think they died of boredom...

psychopathetic
07-12-16, 07:28 PM
Speaking of roaches (offtopic), I found of couple of small ones- dead too- beneath some files at work. Of all the places a roach could be, those loser picked the accounting office! I think they died of boredom...

:*(

Poor things. I sure hope you gave them a proper burial! :p :p

I just put my 2 spoiled roaches into a bigger container with a bunch of new shredded up coco husk (they love digging in it, and I think they eat it lol) yesterday. It's easily twice as big as their old home. I also bought them a couple of new baby foods :p

One of them has grown into an adult female...I'm so anxious to see what the other one turns out being. I'm so hoping for a male so they'll mate and have kids lol.

Corina86
07-13-16, 11:58 AM
:*(

Poor things. I sure hope you gave them a proper burial! :p :p

I just put my 2 spoiled roaches into a bigger container with a bunch of new shredded up coco husk (they love digging in it, and I think they eat it lol) yesterday. It's easily twice as big as their old home. I also bought them a couple of new baby foods :p

One of them has grown into an adult female...I'm so anxious to see what the other one turns out being. I'm so hoping for a male so they'll mate and have kids lol.

Nope. They're still there. The cleaning lady apparently isn't cleaning out our offices much. And I'm too lazy to do it.

Raising roaches as pets is a new level of horror for me.

psychopathetic
07-13-16, 03:32 PM
Raising roaches as pets is a new level of horror for me.

I think it's the little boy in me that never really fully went away. The part of me that likes to play in the mud and get dirty and thinks creepy crawlies are cool lol.

Fuzzy12
07-13-16, 06:36 PM
I quickly (very quickly ) Googled dubia roaches and they look nothing like puppies. :eyebrow:

I wonder what it is about roaches that elicits such strong reactions from so many people. I'm scared of most insects but roaches are on a completely different level of horror for me. Maybe it's their size but I don't think that's the only thing. It just doesn't make sense.

I can hardly read your posts about them.psycho without freaking out and it makes me feel really ashamed because it just doesn't make sense to be this scared of them.

psychopathetic
07-13-16, 11:40 PM
lol I've SO derailed this topic. sorry!

...I was scared of roaches too. I'll never forget the first time I saw one. I was sitting on the floor at an uncle's I was staying with in Philadelphia, when all the sudden this big black roach came out of nowhere and ran directly towards me. It scared the living heck out of me...haha I remember I was shaking and nearly in tears from it because it rattled me up so badly.

It's funny how drastacly my attitude changed for the little bugs once I decided to pick a couple of them up at a pet store on a whim and call them 'pets' lol.

A big amount of the fear I had for them also disappeared once I had done a bunch of research on them and discovered that they don't bite. That was a big fear of them...they're big bugs, so I'd think that a bite from one would hurt. Once I knew they couldn't hurt me...I had no hesitation holding them and petting them lol.

It does fascinate me how I've always thought roaches were scary and ugly until I picked these guys up...and how now I truly find them quite adorable and cute. They are full of personality and are very individual.

I think a large part of it has to do with the pride I have in knowing I took a couple of creatures that were in horrible living conditions and that no one likes...who were suppose to be used as food for reptiles...and have given them a really good life. And the pride in seeing them grow from babies the size of my pinky nail, into the adults nearly the size of my whole thumb. It's really special to me that I've been able to continually give these guys what they need to survive and to be (I'd like to think) happy.

lol sorry for high jacking the thread guys :(

Corina86
07-14-16, 01:31 PM
You have my utter respect and admiration, psycho!

I'll forever fear the dreaded roaches.

I don't think Laserbeak minds. There's only that much you can talk about weird stuff on the train.

Fuzzy12
07-14-16, 02:47 PM
I do think rats are cute..(if that makes me sound less of a wuss..):)

And ditto on the respect psycho. It takes real kindness (and guts:eek:) to take care of something like roaches. It's easy to love a puppy.

Fortune
07-14-16, 03:27 PM
It's easy to love a puppy.

Depends on the puppy...

Oh and rats are awesomely cute.