View Full Version : I feel alone, but I feel its hard to reply !!

Emy_93
07-09-16, 10:36 AM
Hi everyone
How are you all ?
I am happy to be one of you and I hope we will all get recovered
Have you ever ignored a social media message or a call while you really feel alone ?
What is this ?
I was so sociable at the age of 18 until 22
But now I feel its hard to call a friend who I am sure that she loves me
I have never been like that before
Does it relate to ADHD ?
My friends now are very few because not everybody can bear an impulsive person like me , but why am I insisting on making people hate me ?
Why am I two fighting parties ?
Why a part of me wanna destroy me ?
Are they my IQ level fighting my ADHD ?
Why ADHD is the winner of this competition always ?
I wanna scream

Opearli
07-09-16, 12:27 PM
I do the same thing a lot. I think its an anxious response to notbwanting to lose people you love due to being a burden but it never works.
have you been checked for any anxiety disorders?

Fuzzy12
07-09-16, 03:53 PM
I ignore most attempts of people contacting me. I'm not sure it's for the same reason like you but for me it's mostly because I don't like talking to most people most of the time. Usually I tell myself that I'll respond later but most often that doesn't happen. Even if I'm lonely I rarely feel like talking to the person trying to contact me at that time. But yes, this does mean that over the years I've lost most of my friends and I struggle making new friends because I just can't keep in touch with anyone.

Adhd sure is frustrating and it's difficult at times to make sense of our actions. :grouphug:

_Rift_
07-09-16, 05:02 PM
Hi everyone
How are you all ?
Have you ever ignored a social media message or a call while you really feel alone ?
What is this ?
Does it relate to ADHD ?
My friends now are very few because not everybody can bear an impulsive person like me , but why am I insisting on making people hate me ?
I wanna scream

I could not relate anymore, I have done my best to curb it for those who really care or would listen no matter what I had to say. It is however nothing but respect for social quo otherwise I could care less for no apparent reason(in the moment). Its weird but I despise social interactions and have known it since mid high school, I'm 21 now and its like I've learned to display a socialized and happy perspective but the sad truth is I have observed as well been a black sheep long enough to know what people expect, I'm rambling now for sure. XD

Anyways Its always nice(in a crappy way) to see another person going through the realities of anxiety/ADHD, In my opinion seeing someones feelings expressed in words is all but another great way for another to gain perspective and learn something. I think people do use these posts to gain gain personal perspective whether they realize it or not. I know that from time to time I gain much acceptance regarding myself when I use someones perspective to learn and ponder about myself.

Thanks for the perspective :)

maysarieltiff
07-30-16, 03:17 AM
I ignore most attempts of people contacting me. I'm not sure it's for the same reason like you but for me it's mostly because I don't like talking to most people most of the time. Usually I tell myself that I'll respond later but most often that doesn't happen. Even if I'm lonely I rarely feel like talking to the person trying to contact me at that time. But yes, this does mean that over the years I've lost most of my friends and I struggle making new friends because I just can't keep in touch with anyone.

Adhd sure is frustrating and it's difficult at times to make sense of our actions. :grouphug:

I am not sure I ignore them, but I do not nurture my close relationships that I have had. I don't feel I have furthered them properly. Long distance especially has made me distance myself even more than normal. I constantly struggle with wanting acceptance, love, and attention, yet pushing those who show me love away. I do not know if this is because of my ADD or not. It may be a combination of things.

I also intend to respond and never do.

maysarieltiff
07-30-16, 03:22 AM
Hi everyone
How are you all ?
What is this ?
Does it relate to ADHD ?
I wanna scream

How were you before?

Is the impulsivity a new thing?

Maybe you feel as if you will be a burden to your friend, or they won't understand what you are going through.

Perhaps try and understand why you feel this way...there must be some underlying feeling as to why you will not call her back. Once you figure that out, things might make more sense to you.

kaecupcakes
08-08-16, 01:45 AM
Feeling the same way. I feel that my impulsive self and my logical good hearted self are different people. I am constantly ruining my own life. I have nobody to blame but myself for everything in life. I am paying for it severely at age 26. Im trying hard to fix my mistakes, but i still make some along the way. I didnt realise I was this out of control. :(

jiitters
08-08-16, 07:32 PM
me too :( i don't know why it's so hard to respond to people, especially when you have that electronic barrier. fear of being judged i think. my mind makes sure to let me know all the bad things that someone could think about me if i say even just a few words. and i know its unreasonable but i can't seem to stop thinking that way

Fuzzy12
08-09-16, 07:20 AM
me too :( i don't know why it's so hard to respond to people, especially when you have that electronic barrier. fear of being judged i think. my mind makes sure to let me know all the bad things that someone could think about me if i say even just a few words. and i know its unreasonable but i can't seem to stop thinking that way

I hear you but wanted to say that at least here on addf we are a pretty non judgmental bunch (and even when we do judge we don't remember for very long whom we judged..or why ;)) so don't hesitate to post here. I've had mainly good experiences here and I hope you'll have them too.

Corina86
08-10-16, 07:46 AM
I want more social interaction very badly, but it's also extremely exausting. The simple act of writing, than waiting for a reply, not knowing how to continue or how to end things etc. I have the same issues with real life friends. I want to meet them and hang out with them, but I never remember to call them in time, they're always busy whenever I'm free and viceversa. I also don't want to spend too much time on bus, arrive home late or learn how to drive... I want others to like the same things I like and do the things I like. I want human interaction to be easy and comfortable. I want to be asked out and have someone else plan everything, so I can just tag along. I know I'm being unreasonable, but the combination of being mentaĺly tired and, a little too physically active and lonely is very very frustrating. I have no solution for this. At least on a forum you can choose when you want to participate and what you want to discuss. This is priceless for me.

Fuzzy12
08-10-16, 07:57 AM
Same here corina. I want interactions to be easy, pleasant and on my terms as well....which is probably why I don't have any real life close friends. :scratch:

jiitters
08-10-16, 02:21 PM
Same here corina. I want interactions to be easy, pleasant and on my terms as well....which is probably why I don't have any real life close friends. :scratch:
sigh yes relationships are never really easy are they. but extroverts just make it look so effortless sometimes :confused: but i know that some people seek different things out of their relationships so maybe We just value different type of interaction from most people

TheFitFatty
08-11-16, 01:49 AM
I want more social interaction very badly, but it's also extremely exausting.

That describes my view of it pretty well. I like the idea of socializing, but find it hard.

I generally stick to a few close friends, and can't handle wider social groups. Social media is great though, because I find it so much easier to type a response than to actually try to talk to people on the phone or in person.

TheFitFatty
08-11-16, 01:54 AM

You may find it easier when your baby is born. Before I had kids I had a hard time maintaining close friendships because I found people "demanding." I was expected to go out and socialize even when I didn't want to and talk to them all the time. Exhausting.

However, I met a small group of women at a baby group and suddenly everything "cliqued" friendship wise. We're all busy and juggling kids and life and jobs, so the "demand" to talk all the time disappeared. We all understand that life is busy and we can't always make it for coffee or talk about problems on the phone, blah blah. But we make the most of it when we do get together.

It's the least demanding, but most rewarding friendships I've ever had in my life!