View Full Version : My Lounge Lizard

Laserbeak
07-10-16, 02:40 AM
He loves sitting on my computer listening to music. I know, because chameleons don't have external ears so have to feel vibrations to hear and he'd walk away if he didn't like it but I could DJ for him for hours!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/921/S7ThZT.jpg

aeon
07-10-16, 02:49 AM
Surely he must love the heat too on the top edge of the iMac.

Cheers,
Ian

Laserbeak
07-10-16, 02:57 AM
Surely he must love the heat too on the top edge of the iMac.

Cheers,
Ian

It's actually a MacBook Pro and the top edge isn't hot.

edit:

Plus I tried to put him back in his cage with the female and he didn't want to go back in (I just got him back in now because I need sleep and I have cats). And there's a reptile sun light in there so that's definitely hotter than any part of an Apple laptop. But who knows what's going through that little head of his?

aeon
07-10-16, 03:21 AM
It's actually a MacBook Pro and the top edge isn't hot.

Oops, poor assumption!

Lovely creature, btw.

Cheers,
Ian

Laserbeak
07-10-16, 03:23 AM
Thank you!

Simargl
07-10-16, 03:28 AM
He's lovely. (: Thanks for sharing.

BellaVita
07-10-16, 01:13 PM
Sooo cute! :) I like your posts about him.

stef
07-10-16, 01:37 PM
Tbh they freak me out just a tiny bit but that is really awesome!

Laserbeak
07-12-16, 12:42 AM
He's lovely. (: Thanks for sharing.

He's actually much more handsome in real life, a dark green with some mottling. But the way they produce their skin color is not very conducive to photographs.

Laserbeak
07-12-16, 12:48 AM
They were mating this morning so I guess that makes them lizard and wife... But she doesn't appear to be in heat, female chameleons are practically black with white or silver stripes when they are gravid (with eggs ready to be fertilized).

Then I have to put in like a cat litter box full of a soil mix for her to lay her eggs in, then it takes an amazing 15 months for them to hatch!