View Full Version : Adderall and Ice Hockey

Blueturbo
07-14-16, 09:03 AM
Hello, I was hoping for some feedback from anyone who has personal experiences in playing sports while using Adderall. Quick background, I've been prescribed 30mg XR in the morning and 10 mg quick release in the afternoon. I'm 38, 5' 10" and 260lbs, but athletic. I've been on meds for 6 months or so after 10 year break.

I love ice hockey and played all my life I play twice a week at a fairly high level against some 22-25 year olds.

My issue is that I have. 18 month old which gets me up at 6am, I'm working until 7pm and then two times a week I play puck and the game time range from 8pm to 1040pm. I take a pill when I wake up and again around 2 or 3. Then need a coffee of its a late game. I feel great during the day, focus and energy to plug away at my tasks and I feel fine when I arrive but when I start to push myself I'm completely exhausted one the ice. My stamina is not nearly what it was when I wasnt on adderall.

I think it's because my resting heart rate is increased with Adderall throughout the day, so it is working your heart and burning calories and working your body more without you realizing it. But maybe because heart rate is increased to start the game I have less runway or space to increase my heart rate so I peak quicker. I havent monitored the actuals, but has anyone else experienced this? Any tips one game days?

Maybe I'm just getting old ha.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.