View Full Version : Help please I have an issue with my Concerta.


Charmcityguy22
07-16-16, 11:37 AM
So I take Concerta 27mgs daily for ADHD and have been taking it for a month or so and today I think I mistakenly took one pill around 10 and on there one around 11 forgetting I took one around 10 so I have 54 mgs in my system when I'm only supposed to have 27,should I call my doctor or go to the ER.

sarahsweets
07-16-16, 01:20 PM
So I take Concerta 27mgs daily for ADHD and have been taking it for a month or so and today I think I mistakenly took one pill around 10 and on there one around 11 forgetting I took one around 10 so I have 54 mgs in my system when I'm only supposed to have 27,should I call my doctor or go to the ER.
54mg isnt over the daily max dose so you should be ok, Still its a good idea to let the doctor know just in case.

namazu
07-16-16, 01:25 PM
Hi Charmcityguy22,

I've done this before (with higher doses).

You may (or may not!) feel a bit jittery or anxious for a while or have trouble sleeping, but it is unlikely that any serious harm will come to you from accidentally taking 2 pills. If you experience anything more serious, then call a doctor or go to the ER.

I highly recommend using a pill organizer to help you avoid this problem in the future. You can get them in different shapes and sizes, depending on how many medications/doses you need to remember.

Example of once-a-day weekly pill organizer:
http://www.quickmedical.com/images/sku/original/36025.jpg

C15H25N3O
07-16-16, 03:09 PM
Now, did you really take double dosage?

How did you feel? This info could help others if it happens to someone else.

It happened to me too. I felt jittery and nervous and was quite tired after it.

palmetto
07-16-16, 09:01 PM
You should be fine health-wise but you might experience some uncomfortable side effects. Concerta comes in 56 mg tablets and even 70+ mg tablets. My sister is on 56 mg and she's a relatively small person.

I've experienced Concerta "overdose" side effects since I lost weight and became more sensitive to my dose after a while. It made me feel a little dizzy, slightly numb in the feet and nose, and also tense in my upper body. It also made my heart rate fast and the surface of my skin felt a little moist/sweaty. It should all pass.

Charmcityguy22
07-17-16, 04:13 PM
I did accidentally take a double dose and I felt like I had not taken Concerta in years as I felt the dose was doing what it was supposed to but did feel jittery and more euphoria.

Charmcityguy22
07-17-16, 04:14 PM
It was not to bad at all.