View Full Version : National Ice cream day- trigger warning.

sarahsweets
07-17-16, 12:01 PM
They just opened a Sonic about 15 minutes from me and its National Ice Cream Day. Wanted to let all my peeps who suffer from this insatiable desire for frozen goodness know that its like having our own holiday.
I think an appropriate song would be "32 flavors and then some" by ani defranco.

stef
07-17-16, 01:35 PM
arrgghhh i have never been to sonic!
there isnt one in MN but every time i go back to the states there are like 10 million ads for sonic with those 2 guys.

Little Missy
07-17-16, 03:07 PM
arrgghhh i have never been to sonic!
there isnt one in MN but every time i go back to the states there are like 10 million ads for sonic with those 2 guys.

I did once back in MI and it was outstanding.

I wish somebody would make some homemade ice cream:)LOL has a machine and the salt but the grandkids already left.

DJ Bill
07-17-16, 04:56 PM
Blue Bell ice cream from Texas blows Sonic into the weeds.

When Sonic has their half price drinks happy hours, I am so there if I'm in Texas. Here in the Albany area they have opened up one lone Sonic and I couldn't get near it for a few months. You'd have thought they were giving the food away the way folks got crazy over it here. Lines worse than Dunkin Donuts get during the morning drive time. Way worse. They had to have a policeman on site just to control traffic.

All that said......A root beer float would really hit the spot today.

stef
07-17-16, 05:01 PM
ok so there's a Culvers near where I'll be staying tho!

BellaVita
07-17-16, 08:32 PM
So does this mean they give out free ice cream at Sonic today?

Little Missy
07-17-16, 08:37 PM
Cold Stone Creamery was real good too. Probably the best of all but the prices!

aeon
07-17-16, 11:34 PM
Blue Bell ice cream from Texas blows Sonic into the weeds.

Both crap ice cream, says this snob.

That said, a Sonic Cherry Limeade, while clearly poison, is the equivalent of a mainlined speedball in terms of ooh goody can’t stop **** me this is the ****!

Cheers,
Ian

aeon
07-17-16, 11:35 PM
ok so there's a Culvers near where I'll be staying tho!

I had some vanilla custard just today! :yes:

Cheers,
Ian

aeon
07-17-16, 11:38 PM
Cold Stone Creamery was real good too. Probably the best of all but the prices!

Gotta pay to play.

Their cake batter ice cream is quite velvety, and a nice short ingredient list too.

---

In other news, I had some Lunds & Byerly’s Blood Orange Sorbet today, so I’m doing quite all right! :lol:

Cheers,
Ian

aeon
07-17-16, 11:42 PM
I wish somebody would make some homemade ice cream:)

I have an ice cream maker. :)

If you came over, we could make some, and while it was churning we could listen to some Dusty Springfield and Wilson Pickett,
maybe dance even, and then when it was ready we could sit out on the veranda, have our treat, and talk about...whatever comes up! ;)

Rockin’,
Ian

sarahsweets
07-18-16, 03:38 AM
So does this mean they give out free ice cream at Sonic today?

I wish! Ironically of all the ice cream places there are I only heard of deals at baskin robbins and carvel.

Little Missy
07-18-16, 08:08 AM
I had some vanilla custard just today! :yes:

Cheers,
Ian

now wait, you had van/cus AND bloody or/sorb on the same day? You really know how to live. :)

stef
07-18-16, 08:32 AM
Gotta pay to play.

Their cake batter ice cream is quite velvety, and a nice short ingredient list too.

---

In other news, I had some Lunds & Byerly’s Blood Orange Sorbet today, so I’m doing quite all right! :lol:

Cheers,
Ian

OH, I'll probably get to coldstone, it's by my bff's place!
when I visit her I'm like the "motive for fun stuff" with her kids :)
Cake batter ice cream...hmmm....

Little Missy
07-18-16, 08:42 AM
One of my all time faves made National Ice Cream Day what it is.

There, everyone will now dislike me a new vengeance. :D

Little Missy
07-18-16, 08:48 AM
And the year was..."Sherman, set The Way Back Machine..."

1984!!

Little Missy
07-18-16, 09:13 AM
Coldstone coffee and chocolate. Redic rich. The only thing though, ice cream makes me thirsty.

acdc01
07-18-16, 03:47 PM
I was disappointed. Uber was supposed to be handing out free ice cream yesterday and they did not (or at least I didn't see the promo code for it). I guess since I am trying to go vegan (and failing) I should be glad about this but I still wanted free ice cream.

stef
07-18-16, 04:33 PM
And the year was..."Sherman, set The Way Back Machine..."

1984!!

not to derail ice cream, but was that from the Bullwinkle cartoons..?

Little Missy
07-18-16, 04:37 PM
not to derail ice cream, but was that from the Bullwinkle cartoons..?

Of course.

Hey, maybe I'll pick up LOL a chocolate malt at DQ. Very close.
I used to love a giant vanilla cone dipped in butterscotch.

Little Missy
07-18-16, 04:39 PM
My dad called soft-serve "ground up animal hoof"

DJ Bill
07-18-16, 07:22 PM
I just heard on the radio that it is national ice cream MONTH! Now I have all month to find that Sonic.....

Culver's used to be a treat when I was on the road. I used to go through a box of ice cream sandwiches in 3 days....Thank God I don't do that anymore. Reading labels for calorie counts kinda cured me of that. 175 lbs can turn right back into 235+ in a hurry if I go back to those habits. Besides, I don't need any BP meds anymore.

I still eat Ice cream.....but only as a special treat.

Maybe Blue Bell wasn't the TX ice cream brand I was thinking of....it came in round half gallons with a gold band or a brown band on the lid...whatever it was.