View Full Version : Pretty sure I've about had it with straterra

Domino81
07-20-16, 01:41 PM
I've been on Strattera for about a month and a half now and things that I noticed that are positive our outweighed by the negative. I have definitely noticed less mental errors and improvement in working memory but conversely I have dry mouth I have issues with sleeping i've noticed random Wazes of dizzy spells, constipation, delayed urination, a significant dip in sex drive and the one that really irritates me is painful and often premature ejaculation. So I guess it's time to start considering other options. I'm already on Wellbutrin and Paxil for depression.

sarahsweets
07-20-16, 02:53 PM
Stratterra was origionally marketed as treatment for depression. The sort of accidentally discovered that it worked for adhd somewhat and decided they would market it for that. Ive never been a fan of stratterra and anyone Ive ever known in my life who has been on it has had bad experiences. I also never liked the idea of a drug being studied and marketed for one thing, as a fluke it works for something else and so then they go with option b.

Domino81
07-20-16, 03:18 PM
I tried a anphetamine based drug prior and it made me irritable and angry.

extrabatteries
08-01-16, 12:47 AM
I had very similar side effects, but they went away. The dry mouth was the worst, but a mouth spray or hard candies helped me through it. The drop in sex drive was weird to experience, but it came right back after a few weeks of leveling off.

maysarieltiff
08-03-16, 11:34 PM
Straterra made me feel socially withdrawn and gave me the shakes. Not really bad, but enough to where I didn't feel comfortable. I don't normally have side effects from meds, so it was new for me. I am not sure how helpful it can be for ADD, I just know how it affected me and didn't help a whole lot with my ADD symptoms. A small amount, but not enough to deal with the side effects. I am already introverted enough.