View Full Version : Booster to vyvanse

donio95
07-20-16, 05:38 PM
I am new to vyvanse 30 mg (using it few days), and i am not sure but i think that i don't feel it after5-6 hours. Can i add adderall ir booster? And which dose is equal to 30 mg?

C15H25N3O
07-20-16, 10:08 PM
What do you mean you "dont feel" it? Do you have attention or side effects? You could ask your physician to increase your dosage

sarahsweets
07-21-16, 03:11 AM
You shouldnt be judging the efficacy of the vyvanse based on how it feels.

donio95
07-21-16, 04:34 AM
Is it possivle that it work only 6 hours, and how can i judge it?
Adding adderall is a bad idea?

C15H25N3O
07-21-16, 03:25 PM
You shouldnt be judging the efficacy of the vyvanse based on how it feels.

Just to add:

f you feel Vyvanse the dosage is either to high or too low.
You should recognize a difference in calmness, attention and thinking.
If you have a bad attention while reading you will "feel" Vyvanse making you read in a flow.
Have a look at you mood. If it is lightly positive it is ok. If it makes you light depressive or
anxious then call your physician.

I dont think there is a need to add different amphetamine salts. You either take Vyvanse or
Adderall. If you think you need a boost you better ask for a higher dosage or dont eat food
for 6-8 hours (others say 3hours) after intake. S you should get 10-14 hours of effectivness.

donio95
07-22-16, 09:21 AM
I think that for first week vyvanse working good for me, 2-3 days i felt tired but it's getting better every day (i am on the 5 day) .
The problem is that after 8 hours it become very weak and after 10 hours i losethe effect that it gave me. And my day is somethinf like 15-16 hours include work and study, and 8 hours is not enough for me.
So i want to add adderall booster. I have 2 question- which dose of adderall do i need to add(ir) if i am using 30 mg vyvanse? And can i cut 30 mg adderall to 3/4 pieces?

spunky84
07-22-16, 01:55 PM
It doesn't seem to be uncommon for Vyvanse to not last the 12 hours that it states that it does. 30 mg for me was only therapeutic for a few days, and then I felt nothing. My dose was increased to 60. When I mentioned that it was only lasting 6-8 hours, I was bumped up to 70 in hopes that it would lengthen that time. It didn't, but it turned out to be the best therapeutic dose. That last 10 mg made a big difference for me.

Since it still only lasted 6-8 hours, I was given an Adderall booster - 30 mg which can be split (at least the one I have).

However, you're not going to be able to just choose to have an Adderall booster nor will you be able to choose your dose (some psychiatrists may be a little more liberal and allow for some patient input, but with it being a controlled substance, it's unlikely).

This is something you'll have to go to your doctor about. They'll determine if a booster is necessary or if they want to try increasing your Vyvanse first to see how that works. If they decide a booster is appropriate, they'll decide which drug they feel is best -- Adderall isn't the only drug used as a booster. They'll also decide the appropriate dose. Nobody here can really tell you which dose of Adderall you'd need.

I was prescribed Adderall as a booster, and I was advised 15 - 30 mg (I was told I could go with either and see which one was best for me). For me, 15 mg has been perfect (in comparison w/ 70 mg Vyvanse). Everyone is different in how they respond to meds, and only your doctor can work with you in determining the appropriate dose.

donio95
07-22-16, 02:19 PM
i asked my doctor if i can add adderall(we have a different name here) and he just say yes, i asked about the dose- so he just said try what work for you.
all this meds is new in my country and i think that my doctor don't have experience , that why i asked in the forum, what can i do and which dose is equal to 30 vyvanse.
and can i cut adderall to 4 pieces? my doc told me that half is ok but i didnt ask about 3/4

sarahsweets
07-26-16, 02:27 AM
i asked my doctor if i can add adderall(we have a different name here) and he just say yes, i asked about the dose- so he just said try what work for you.
all this meds is new in my country and i think that my doctor don't have experience , that why i asked in the forum, what can i do and which dose is equal to 30 vyvanse.
and can i cut adderall to 4 pieces? my doc told me that half is ok but i didnt ask about 3/4

What dose and what timing did the doctor give you for the adderall?
Vyvanse is supposed to last like 12 hours but when I and my daughter had taken it we were lucky if we got 8 hours so we both switched.

C15H25N3O
07-26-16, 03:50 PM
I dont know. Maybe it is an idea to take Adderall in the morning and Vyvanse at noon for people who are morning grouches but I have no idea if it works to finish the day with the weaker amphetamine.

donio95
07-29-16, 06:56 AM
i take the adderall 8 hours after the vyvanse

sarahsweets
07-29-16, 08:06 AM
i take the adderall 8 hours after the vyvanse

Its possible that you are taking the adderall too later to prevent the drop off of the vyvanse. Like I said they say its supposed to last 12 hours, I got 8, Hom many do you get without the adderall?

donio95
07-29-16, 03:09 PM
8, that why i take the adderall

Liz893
07-30-16, 11:25 PM
I noticed a decrease in effectiveness after taking Vyvanse long-term, and found that taking the supplement "Super Macho" helps boost focus, mood and energy significantly without the unwanted jittery effects of excessive caffeine. You can find it at Walmart and Walgreens, as well as through Amazon for only about 12 bucks. I've tried taking nootropics with Vyvanse before, including noopept and piracetam and unfortunately didn't notice much of a difference. However, Super Macho contains a synergistic blend of ingredients including L-Tyrosine that really help boost the effects of the Vyvanse. It also helps on the days you don't take Vyvanse as well. Hope this helps!

mimi989
08-10-16, 05:46 PM
When I tried Vyvanse it wore off quickly on me too. Something with metabolism that doesn't help it work like it's supposed to. I tried different doses but ended up staying with Adderall 3x day, sometimes 4x. I know it's very frustrating.. wish something would work for as long as it says it does. :(