View Full Version : How to stop over eating?

Fuzzy12
07-28-16, 02:29 PM
I'm not even talking about binge eating (when I eat with the sole purpose of taking in as many calories as possible) but just plain old over eating. I think I don't feel satiated unless I eat till I feel sick. I do this at every meal all the freaking time. I spend so much time each day feeling sick after breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I've tried waiting for 20 or more minutes after taking another helping to give my brain time to register that I'm full but even when it does register i still take another helping. It seems like something that should be easy to change but I just can't seem to.

I'm also craving sugar in insane amounts. I try to eat fruits instead so at least I get some nutrients along with all the sugar but I still eat too much of empty sugar filled treats that are devoid of any nutrients.

My midwife suggested that I have frequent smaller meals to combat the terrible heart burn I've got but I've never been able to do that. If I have more frequent meals I just have frequent LARGE meals. :rolleyes:

aeon
07-28-16, 05:23 PM
Are you using food as a means by which to self-stimulate?

Sugar craving is likely because a large glycemic load triggers the release of a commensurate amount of insulin, and after a short amount of time your blood sugar drops in result.

Low side of normative or truly low blood sugar will often cause an intense craving for carbohydrates, and especially sugar. And so the cycle repeats.

I hope you are not experiencing metabolic syndrome, pre-diabetes, or diabetes itself.

I don’t know what to say other than that, but I wish you well.

And has this always been a problem, or are you simply eating for two?

Best to You,
Ian

Fuzzy12
07-28-16, 06:18 PM
I have a bit of an eating disorder in the sense that I use food for a lot of things, mainly emotional regulation (not that it works very well :rolleyes:) but yes, also for stimulation.

Right low I'm wondering g though if overeating and the accompanied feeling of being painfully full has just become a habit. I mean I don't feel satiated till I feel sick and am almost in pain.

No sign of diabetes i think. I am getting regularly tested (for gestational diabetes I think) and all my values are perfect. Though if I continue binge ING in sugar like this I'm not sure what's going to happen in the future.

I'm not just eating for two. I'm eating for 5..adults. I'm only supposed to have 200kcal more a day at the moment and I'm sure I'm way beyond that.

Binge eating and all sorts of other unhealthy eating habits have been a problem since my teenage..over eating as well (which for me is slightly different to my disordered eating habits I think).

stef
07-29-16, 11:36 AM
I had been thinking about this thread,

is this overeating now, different from when you were a teenager or at other times? It really may be due to the pregnancy. Because werent there several weeks when you just had no appetite, at all? I can remember just being so incredibly hungry. A full meal, was like a snack.

Fuzzy12
07-29-16, 11:46 AM
I had been thinking about this thread,

is this overeating now, different from when you were a teenager or at other times? It really may be due to the pregnancy. Because werent there several weeks when you just had no appetite, at all? I can remember just being so incredibly hungry. A full meal, was like a snack.

It's different in the sense that I'd doesn't seem to be directly related to my emotions or to trying to control my emotions.

It wouldn't bother me so much if I didn't feel so sick and uncomfortable after each meal.

I'm trying to get the sugar cravings in control by allowing myself savoury treats instead of sugary ones. :lol: I'm not sure how much healthier that is but at least it might break the sugar addiction cycle.

Yes, in the first trimester I could hardly eat anything. Felt too sick. That didn't last long though. :scratch:

C15H25N3O
08-26-16, 09:39 PM
Try to see food as substances and try to listen to your body which substances you need. Let your brain communicate with your body. We dont really need a lot but we tend to think we need this and that because we hear/read it is healthy. Have a look on your bodies reaction. It will tell you the truth if food lets you recover and you will not feel sick. Your brain is addicted but your body should be boss.

You could use your pregnancies sense of smell to find out what you need. This is an animals natural behavior. There is a difference in what smells tasty, looks tasty and what you need. Did you ever smell sugar?

C15H25N3O
09-17-16, 07:54 AM
Maybe a idea the could work:

Always eating in front of mirror.

:-)

Little Missy
09-17-16, 08:04 AM
Maybe a idea the could work:

Always eating in front of mirror.

:-)

YES!!!

horrors :eek:

sarahsweets
09-17-16, 10:10 AM
Fuzzy-
Childbirth wreaks havoc on everything in your body! Hormones, neurotransmitters-you name it! Even though you have always struggled with this, now you have a body thats haywire AND new stress of a baby, the adhd and maybe even some post pardom issues?

Fuzzy12
09-17-16, 10:50 AM
Fuzzy-
Childbirth wreaks havoc on everything in your body! Hormones, neurotransmitters-you name it! Even though you have always struggled with this, now you have a body thats haywire AND new stress of a baby, the adhd and maybe even some post pardom issues?

.It's an old thread. ;)

I'm not so bothered about what I'm eating right now. :)

mildadhd
09-17-16, 12:16 PM
When I start eating, I do not seem to have enough self-regulation to stop, until I have already over eaten?

Even if the food is healthy, specially if I am cooking the food myself.

G