View Full Version : Vyvanse 10mg for 8 year old

elliesmom
07-29-16, 04:16 PM
Hi there. I have an 8 year old daughter who has ADHD. She is on 10mg of Vyvanse and it has been working well, but only for around 5 hours. It also makes it hard for her to go to sleep at a reasonable time without melatonin. Do you think it makes more sense to increase her dose in the AM, or to give her another 10mg mid-day? Thank you for your input.

sarahsweets
07-30-16, 03:01 PM
Vyvanse is tricky IMO. Its supposed to last 12 hours but almost never does. yet, the annoying side effects like lack of sleep can linger. She may always need the melatonin and many adhd kids have regular anxiety and sleeping issues. Melatonin is ok.

Personally I would talk to the doctor about possibly trying a different a med.

parentofadhd
08-01-16, 08:25 AM
WOW i just logged in to ask a question about my almost 8yo daughter who has just started Vyvanse over the weekend (day 3).

Can't help with an answer but we are in the same positions by the sound of it. :)

elliesmom
08-01-16, 01:56 PM
WOW i just logged in to ask a question about my almost 8yo daughter who has just started Vyvanse over the weekend (day 3).

Can't help with an answer but we are in the same positions by the sound of it. :)

Let's maybe keep in contact to touch base with how things are going.