View Full Version : Our Strattera Journey

Luvthiscrzylife
07-29-16, 09:56 PM
My 11 y/o daughter is the poster child for ADHD. She has taken Ritalin, developed crazy bad tics, Dextroamphetamine with little to know effect, Adderall with decent success, but not enough, and it caused her to break out and pick her face badly. We just did a few months on Focalin, and while it helped decrease the symptoms, it wasn't enough. She was on Sertraline (Zoloft) for several months, starting at 25 mg, eventually up to 75 mg. It did improve her moods a bit, and maybe helped some with anxiety. We also tried 2 mg Intuniv for several months, which helped with sleep, but not sure much else. As of right now, she is down to 12.5 mg of Sertraline, and 1 mg Intuniv, both of which will be stopped in a few days.

Now our journey with Strattera begins. I have read so many negative experiences, that I swore I'd never put her on it, but here we are. We started with 10 mg last night, and so far, no side effects. Maybe it was just a good day, or maybe it was me(wishful thinking), but I feel like she was a bit less hyper and talkative. I will report back when I can to update what our experience is.

Luvthiscrzylife
07-31-16, 03:25 PM
Day three on 10 mg Strattera, no side effects. I still think I see a calmer child, less in people's faces. Haven't seen any changes with her moods, but would like to see an improvement. I still can't gauge any changes with her focus, impulsivity or reactiveness(no situations have presented themselves), so that remains to be seen.

Luvthiscrzylife
08-02-16, 12:40 AM
So today was day five on 10 mg Strattera (my posts have been a bit behind). Daughter was a bit tired today, and somewhat cranky/emotional. The fatigue isn't typical for her, but as for the crankiness, we deal with that on a regular basis, being at its worst about once a month. Because of this, I cannot conclude it is due to the medication, and if I were to say it was, I think it would be because of the tiredness. Her pulse was lower than what it has been previously being on stimulants. I am purchasing a blood pressure cuff just to ensure hers isn't getting too high.

Luvthiscrzylife
08-03-16, 01:07 AM
Not sure anyone is even interested or finding this helpful, so this will be my last post unless I get some sort of response. My goal was to provide some helpful information to anyone considering Strattera.

Last night was rough, daughter threw up and also had diarrhea, also had a bad dream. Woke up this morning still not feeling totally well. Once again, I cannot be certain this is a side effect from the medication, as she always vomits randomly and has had troubles with night terrors in the past(being on stimulants seemed to stop them). Mood was good today, no fatigue, surprisingly. I still feel there is a calm about her, and doesn't seem to react as strongly to difficult situations. She was able to stick with a task she started for a good amount of time. Appetite has been really good, which is a nice change from when she was on stimulants.

Jamesmoriarty
08-18-16, 01:10 AM
Hello there. I was diagnosed with ADHD three days ago and have so far taken stratterra 60mg pill twice. So far I don't feel right I can't quite point out what it is. Could you tell me how it went / going with your daughter. Your help would go a long way in helping me understand.

Luvthiscrzylife
09-29-16, 06:57 PM
Hello there. I was diagnosed with ADHD three days ago and have so far taken stratterra 60mg pill twice. So far I don't feel right I can't quite point out what it is. Could you tell me how it went / going with your daughter. Your help would go a long way in helping me understand.

So sorry, I have not been back on here for quite some time. Strattera did not work out for us. Daughter ended up with horrible nausea/vomiting, and her night terrors that actually went away while on stimulants, came back worse than ever. She actually requested to be taken off, which is something she has never done. We stopped it shortly after my last post and she is now on 50 mg Vyvanse, 2 mg Intuniv.