View Full Version : Reasons Vyvanse is better than Adderall

MrsM626
07-30-16, 01:51 PM
I've seen so many people talk about how Vyvanse just isn't as good as Adderall, but there are some reasons Vyvanse is actually better.

I was on Adderall IR 20mg twice a day for years. I'm now on one daily dose of 50mg Vyvanse.

Some things I like better...

1. No impulstivity. On Adderall I would sometimes make quick decisions, which turned out quite bad. On Vyvanse the impulse is almost non-existent.

2. Lasts longer. On Adderall I could always feel the medicine stop working, and then I would be on edge. Vyvanse leaves your system so slowly, so there's no sudden drop off.

3. Less abusable. Even for those of us who have never abused our medication, it's nice to be on a drug that's not known as a study aid or party drug. When I was on Adderall I always hated when people found out. I was shocked at how many friends and co-workers would ask me for some.

I'd love to hear you guys add more to the list. :)

sarahsweets
07-31-16, 01:59 AM
I've seen so many people talk about how Vyvanse just isn't as good as Adderall, but there are some reasons Vyvanse is actually better.

I was on Adderall IR 20mg twice a day for years. I'm now on one daily dose of 50mg Vyvanse.

Some things I like better...

1. No impulstivity. On Adderall I would sometimes make quick decisions, which turned out quite bad. On Vyvanse the impulse is almost non-existent.
For me, its was the opposite but thats why we all have different preferences for meds.

2. Lasts longer. On Adderall I could always feel the medicine stop working, and then I would be on edge. Vyvanse leaves your system so slowly, so there's no sudden drop off.

i can see why you would notice a drop off with adderall- i make sure to overlap my adderall doses to avoid this.

3. Less abusable. Even for those of us who have never abused our medication, it's nice to be on a drug that's not known as a study aid or party drug. When I was on Adderall I always hated when people found out. I was shocked at how many friends and co-workers would ask me for some.

Actually now, around here its the new emerging stimulant at least it is from what my high-schooler tells me. She had to ask me what it was because she had forgotten that she used to take it.
I think this is because people are on to the whole adderall abuse thing. Vyvanse isnt as much of a buzz word and its easily overlooked if you dont know anything about it.
I'd love to hear you guys add more to the list. :)[/QUOTE]