View Full Version : Windows 10 - power button and clock on action center

acdc01
07-30-16, 11:26 PM
Anyway to add a power button and clock onto the Win 10 action center? I've decided not to downgrade back to 8.1 since sooner or later I'll have to switch back to 10 (though I created an iso image just in case).

I hold my laptop at the upper right corner so it was so nice being able to just swipe my finger to see the time no matter what program I was using at the moment.

I also liked not having to exit my program to turn off my laptop.

Another thing I hate is the small text when scrolling through favorites in Microsoft edge. Not sure how I can make that text bigger.

I guess Win 10 isn't completely awful. I'm setting up my sister and her boyfriends laptops for them and I can make one simulate Win 8 while the other simulate Win 7 for the most part so it's kind of a compromise version of Windows I guess.

Little Missy
07-31-16, 06:41 AM
Everything seemed all easy and nice with it on this HP but I never should have put it on that Toshiba at LOL's. EVERYTHING is different on that one and I've managed to do only a few things with it. and it frustrates me daily.

midnightstar
07-31-16, 09:11 AM
I hate windows 10, wish I could go back to windows 7.

spamspambacon
07-31-16, 09:58 AM
I hate windows 10, wish I could go back to windows 7.

I work in IT and still use Win 7.

I have a Windows 10 tablet a friend purchased for me, so I could play with Win 10 and learn it, but I cracked the screen less than 12 hours after I got it!
I guess I should take the hint and keep avoiding Win 10, huh? ROFL

aeon
07-31-16, 10:54 AM
Windows 7 forever. ;)

acdc01
07-31-16, 12:29 PM
You know, you can set up Win 10 to look almost like Win 7. Just get rid of all your metro app icons on the tablet startup screen and then have it set to desktop mode. Click onto the windows icon in the taskbar and go to all apps. Then drag the apps you want like the windows store onto the desktop and those apps will appear like window 7 icons on a desktop. Not a perfect copy of Win 7 but I'm pretty sure my sister's boyfriend is going to be really happy with it since he's been moaning about Win 8.1. Course if you're all IT guys you're probably more sensitive to the nuances of the program.

Also, all you guys that wish you could go back to your old version of windows, there is an option to do that very simply.

Just go to settings, recovery and pick the "go back to win 8.1" or whatever version you were on before. That option only lasts 30 days though.

I think I'm probably going to end up getting used to Win 10. These things I've listed here are actually the only things I hate about it besides not being able to switch between apps as quickly as Win 8.1. So not terrible.

Cortana's nice. Seems to understand language better than "Ok google" though still has some quirks. I've set it so I can just say hey Cortana and it'll start up. Course that means my laptop is listening to every sound I make. Oh well, privacy isn't that important to me so long as they don't report me for the questionably fuzzy in terms of legality things I stream.

Little Missy
07-31-16, 12:54 PM
Don't even get me started on Cortana...:eyebrow:

acdc01
07-31-16, 02:51 PM
Don't even get me started on Cortana...:eyebrow:

Lol. Well, I've only played with it for a day so maybe I'll find something to hate later.

I'm just glad I can use my laptop like a tablet instead of having to have both an ipad and mac.