View Full Version : College advice? or life even,

MochaChip
07-31-16, 01:51 AM
Well, hi! I feelincredibly awkward posting this, but I can't take it anymore..... I start college in a month, and its community so I will be home.
But I am scared.
I know I will fail probably. Like I'll be interested in things, and then that will drop off the face of the earth.... I went to an alternative high school, super small.... And tat was a gift, I was able to push through it, now I am scared, I won't have tat support system(we had 17 students). and I'llbe alone. what if i give up? :( What if I fail? My mother likes to remind me every day how awful I am pretty much.....

Also ORIGINATION like holy crap... I cant clean, Like I am like awful, think of a minor case of a hoarders episode. Like yeah....
What do I do to start to organize? How do I? Tips?

And like school talk. I never had to study before, EVER. I was late on a lot of project, and the one bad thing about the alt high school I went to for 2 years, they enabled it.
I never did homework at home... How do I start?

My hand writing is truly bad, it can be very hard to read.... Any tips on learning?

If any wants to know my classes for the semester. Intro the Physiology, Intro to Sociology, English Comp, Chem, and Nutrition.

sarahsweets
07-31-16, 02:15 AM
Well, hi! I feelincredibly awkward posting this, but I can't take it anymore..... I start college in a month, and its community so I will be home.
But I am scared.
I know I will fail probably. Like I'll be interested in things, and then that will drop off the face of the earth.... I went to an alternative high school, super small.... And tat was a gift, I was able to push through it, now I am scared, I won't have tat support system(we had 17 students). and I'llbe alone. what if i give up? :( What if I fail? My mother likes to remind me every day how awful I am pretty much.....
College is hard. Are you taking medication? I would go to the disabilities office and try to arrange some accomodations so that you can work stuff out with some of your professors. Dont say you will probably fail- you may also probably pass.
What does your mom say or do to remind you how awful you are?

Also ORIGINATION like holy crap... I cant clean, Like I am like awful, think of a minor case of a hoarders episode. Like yeah....
What do I do to start to organize? How do I? Tips?

I wish I could give you tips but my house has too much clutter and I am always behind with housework. Maybe not hoarders-cluttered but pretty close in a couple of places. If you find anything that works, let me know.

And like school talk. I never had to study before, EVER. I was late on a lot of project, and the one bad thing about the alt high school I went to for 2 years, they enabled it.
I never did homework at home... How do I start?

Alot of us are like this. I struggled with studying and homework in college- it wasnt until I was married with a baby and went back to finish my degree that I was able to gain better habits and squeak by.

My hand writing is truly bad, it can be very hard to read.... Any tips on learning?

My son has very bad handwriting. Unreadable almost. He had years of PT and OT in school up until like 10th grade when we decided he kind of reached the best that he could conceivably be expected to do. Thank God its the age of technology because he has an acomodation where he gets to use his laptop for almost everything that would require him to write.

diagoro
08-01-16, 10:04 AM
College is hard. Are you taking medication? I would go to the disabilities office and try to arrange some accomodations so that you can work stuff out with some of your professors. Dont say you will probably fail- you may also probably pass.

This! I wasn't even diagnosed until I was tested at a community college. From there on things were easier to understand, and I could make a plan of action.

The other key thing for me was having a 'coach'. Someone in my life that could play good cop/bad cop. Someone to talk to, work together with, and help manage what you're going though. It could be a parent, a friend, or a special lady/man. Regardless, going it alone makes things so much harder.