View Full Version : How to lower serotonin levels?

Charlie__
08-01-16, 10:52 PM
To make a long story short, i suspect i might have a little bit to much serotonin and would like to lower serotonin a little bit to see what happens, the question is how?

Regards

sarahsweets
08-02-16, 04:08 AM
What makes you think you have too much seratonin? How did you find this out?

Fuzzy12
08-02-16, 04:48 AM
Why? Are you taking any ssri? Are you worried about serotonin syndrome? If you suspect you might have that you need to see a doctor. Immediately.

Charlie__
08-15-16, 03:58 PM
I have no desire to discuss why.

aeon
08-15-16, 04:03 PM
OK, then...one way you can do it is to stay up later, and get overall less sleep.

Of course, this will have other consequences, so I do not recommend it whatsoever.

Cheers,
Ian

C15H25N3O
09-12-16, 07:24 AM
I have no desire to discuss why.

Your desire why is interesting.

OK, then...one way you can do it is to stay up later, and get overall less sleep.

I experience all my back-life a big boost of attention, motivation, social activity, speech and looking like after a night of perfect sleep to others after working all the night without any sleep.
Simply I function better so many times without sleep ...

... but being without sleep is no solution and makes me a hang-over for 2 days.

C15H25N3O
09-12-16, 12:31 PM
BTW serotonine can be decreased by SRE (Serotonin-Reuptake-Enhancers) like Tianeptine.

pedro6666
09-21-16, 09:10 PM
Hi,

From my direct experience, I strongly advice you to cut off any food containing TYRAMINE (eg mature cheddar) as it boost serotonin production. You can associate your new diet with some french pine bark, which shall lover norephinerine levels.

I strongly suggest you to follow my advice, especially if you are one of those person that can't get a restful sleep if lays in bed for just some minutes beyond usual.

sarahsweets
09-22-16, 09:24 AM
I dont think the OP is coming back.