View Full Version : Clothing business

optimismhitting
08-04-16, 11:08 AM
Hello,guys! My sister and I are starting up a clothing business. We got almost everything we need except for the furniture that we will be needing for the boutique. The thing is, We do not have enough funds to spend for furniture. I am thinking of getting a personal loan from a bank or any company/firm. What can you recommend? Thanks!

psychopathetic
08-04-16, 11:43 AM
haha that is SO exciting and I'm wishing you and your sister nothing but the best!

I like the idea of taking a small loan out at your bank. I've had nothing but pleasurable experiences working with my bank on loans. They've been very accepting of loaning me money, even though I'm on such a tight budget.
They've also done a great job of giving me great rates...much lower than I'd get from credit cards or such.

I'd recommend having your payments for a loan at your bank automatically taken out each month for you, so you can never forget to do so.

It'll also help build up credit, and if you never miss a payment at your bank, they'll likely work with you more in the future if you ever need to extend your loan or take out a new one.

haha I don't even know you, but I'm seriously excited for you! I know it's going to be a TON of hard work...but how awesome to start up a new shop! :D

Little Missy
08-04-16, 03:26 PM
ooooooh! I'd go to some really great used furniture and estate sale places and fashion up the place just fine. :)

DJ Bill
08-04-16, 07:14 PM
If your area is like ours, the local malls have tenants coming and going constantly, and the ones that are going have to get rid of the racks, etc and some furniture. It would be worth a shot anyhow.

The less you borrow the faster you'll make a profit.

optimismhitting
08-08-16, 06:12 PM
If your area is like ours, the local malls have tenants coming and going constantly, and the ones that are going have to get rid of the racks, etc and some furniture. It would be worth a shot anyhow.

The less you borrow the faster you'll make a profit.

ohh! This is so funny. I happened by a Meijer store the other day and way able to buy 2 racks for $20 each. Then, I go online and saw this ... lol. The Meijer was closing. Reminds me, I was able to buy 8 boxes of K-cups for around $4 each. Good deal!

optimismhitting
08-08-16, 06:16 PM
haha that is SO exciting and I'm wishing you and your sister nothing but the best!

I like the idea of taking a small loan out at your bank. I've had nothing but pleasurable experiences working with my bank on loans. They've been very accepting of loaning me money, even though I'm on such a tight budget.
They've also done a great job of giving me great rates...much lower than I'd get from credit cards or such.

I'd recommend having your payments for a loan at your bank automatically taken out each month for you, so you can never forget to do so.

It'll also help build up credit, and if you never miss a payment at your bank, they'll likely work with you more in the future if you ever need to extend your loan or take out a new one.

haha I don't even know you, but I'm seriously excited for you! I know it's going to be a TON of hard work...but how awesome to start up a new shop! :D

Thanks. I found out that our company has a tie up with a credit union with good personal loan rates. What is the difference between that and a regular bank? I am asking because Bank of America has approved me for a loan - but they say borrowing from credit unions are better.