View Full Version : Switching to Dex from Vyvanse, what can I expect?

WikipediaBrown
08-05-16, 11:26 AM
I'm 29 and was recently diagnosed with ADD, my psych found it to be the source of my constant anxiety and resultant depression.

He started me on 30mg of Vyvanse. The Vyvanse made a noticeable difference. I would feel it about 20 minutes after taking it. I got a nice boost, felt energized, productive, focused able to be more "appreciative" of things and actually feeling a positive mood. This lasted for about 3-4 hours, in which the positivity/drive became fleeting, and my focus began to wain.

I take 600mg of NAC a day under my psychs recommendation, but I do not feel any effect. I told him this yesterday during out monthly session, and he put me on 10mg dextroamphetamine, twice a day.

I'm going to pick up the prescription tonight, but I'd like to know what I'm in for. How different is this compared to Vyvanse?

WikipediaBrown
08-05-16, 12:08 PM
I should also add that I was prescribed BuSpar with the Dex.

Little Missy
08-05-16, 12:23 PM
I'm 29 and was recently diagnosed with ADD, my psych found it to be the source of my constant anxiety and resultant depression.

He started me on 30mg of Vyvanse. The Vyvanse made a noticeable difference. I would feel it about 20 minutes after taking it. I got a nice boost, felt energized, productive, focused able to be more "appreciative" of things and actually feeling a positive mood. This lasted for about 3-4 hours, in which the positivity/drive became fleeting, and my focus began to wain.

I take 600mg of NAC a day under my psychs recommendation, but I do not feel any effect. I told him this yesterday during out monthly session, and he put me on 10mg dextroamphetamine, twice a day.

I'm going to pick up the prescription tonight, but I'd like to know what I'm in for. How different is this compared to Vyvanse?

What is NAC?

WikipediaBrown
08-05-16, 02:36 PM
What is NAC?

From Jarrow's website: "N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine (NAC), a powerful antioxidant amino acid and a precursor to the critical antioxidant glutathione"

Keeps stimulants from burning you out prematurely. My psych recommended I take three in order to prolong the effects of Vyvanse, but I haven't noticed/felt it.

WikipediaBrown
08-08-16, 08:53 PM
Any input? It will be greatly appreciated. :)