View Full Version : Vyvanse+Food= Bad idea

Jwright7784
08-08-16, 04:15 PM
Normally I take my Vyvanse first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. The results are always consistent unlike Adderall. This morning, I decided to be a little different and eat before taking my Vyvanse. I had 4 pieces of 100% whole wheat toast and a green apple. After eating I waited 15 min than took my Vyvanse. This was a TERRIBLE idea. Within 30 min my chest started to hurt and got really tight. My heart felt like it was going to explode. I took my blood pressure and my systolic was 118 and diastolic was 71 and pulse was 99. These are all pretty normal readings for me, well, except normally my pulse doesn't get into the 90's until a few hours after taking the Vyvanse. I can't explain the heart thing as my stats were all good. It took twice as long for the positive effects of Vyvanse to kick in. This is the first time I have ever had this issue with Vyvanse. I will be telling my psych doc about this tomorrow. Has anyone else ever had any issues taking Vyvanse with food? Oh, yes, for the record I take 30 mg once a day.

Little Missy
08-08-16, 07:07 PM
I think those 4 pieces of toast began to rise once ingested with some green apple to ferment things along.

But I don't know. I've never taken Vyvanse.

C15H25N3O
08-11-16, 04:44 AM
Right! Vyvanse needs to be taken before any food.

Bracale3593
08-16-16, 01:12 AM
I'm glad I saw this! I've been on Vyvanse for a week now and I've been eating before hand everyday and I feel exactly what you explained. I guess tomorrow I will be trying it on an empty stomach

DankMemes69
09-08-16, 05:43 PM
Finally!
I am glad to see that I'm not the only one who thinks the chest tightness and high blood pressure are part of taking vyvanse with food, I only ever have mild chest pain when I eat before taking vyvanse.
I'd love to find the cause.

aeon
09-08-16, 08:24 PM
Eating before Vyvanse only ever meant a delayed onset for me, and that was true at 60mg as well as 180mg.

That said, most of the time I took it before eating anything.

In the end, I thought Vyvanse was a crap med...too expensive, too slow to come on, and too weak.

Thankfully, it was only a 1-month trial, and then I was back to the wonder that is Dexedrine, my personal gold standard.

Cheers,
Ian

LMS2015
09-24-16, 08:04 PM
I cant eat any food at ALL while on vyvanse or I get rapid heart rate like my heart is going to jump out of my chest and immediately afterwards the vyvanse stops working. If I am eating I have to wait minimum 2 hours before I take my vyvanse or it wont work. AFTER I take it I have to wait 4-5 hours before I can eat anything and even then I "approach with caution", eating a few bites...waiting...a few more bites, etc, to make sure I don't get the rapid heart rate.. Vyvanse only lasts me 4 hours so it's a LOT of work for 4 hours of "function" but I do it everyday, lol.