View Full Version : Quitting cold turkey - Adderall, Lexapro, Klonopin

freons
08-08-16, 05:34 PM
Hi all,

I made a bold decision two weeks ago to quit all my meds (Adderall XR (40 mg), Lexapro (20 mg), Klonopin (2mg)).

Since I've stopped my world has literally stopped, which to an extent is okay since I've got a month off from work. Mood swings, irritability, loss of motivation, focus, etc. have ratcheted up and have really fogged all function. I'm not sure I should continue. I would like to get any thoughts from people who have experience doing this. Thanks

BellaVita
08-08-16, 06:50 PM
You really need to be under your doctor's supervision - I suggest going back on all of your meds promptly and making an appointment to see your doctor.

Tell them you'd like to get off your meds and would they please instruct you on how to taper.

The benzo you're taking can have bad effects when going off cold turkey that could be harmful to your health. I personally had more problems quitting Lexapro than Klonopin but I've heard it warned that it could be dangerous.

Please don't quit your meds without talking to your doctor.

Grocket
08-09-16, 02:12 PM
Reiterating the see your doctor sentiment

roflwaffle
08-14-16, 03:48 PM
Ditto on seeing your doctor. I went off of Lexapro only after dropping down to 5mg/day, and that was just one medication (I was still taking Ritalin and Wellbutrin).

Little Missy
08-14-16, 04:15 PM
Well, you're about three weeks in, how is it going?

I quit 6mgs a day Klonopin cold turkey and it was the sweatiest, most nauseous two months of my life.

I hope you're doing better.

sarahsweets
08-16-16, 12:59 AM
Why would you want to do that?

TurtleBrain
08-16-16, 06:42 AM
I tried getting off klonipin cold turkey. I had the weiredst temporary OCD-like symptoms that I normally only have in nightmares. You don't want to know what kinds of unwated intrusive thoughts would pop into my head. Come to think of it, I always had weird stray thoughts, but I never obsessed over them though. I seem to have a cartoonish mental filter that easily dismisses negative thoughts in a humorous way.

Little Missy
08-16-16, 07:14 AM
Why would you want to do that?

Me? Or the OP?

I cold turkied (sp?) because I would eat them until I was a staggering mess and run out and I was appalled at my behavior on them.

I went to my doc the next month and told her, while mopping the sweat off of my face with a roll of paper towels I carried with me. After she scraped her eyebrows off of the ceiling she wrote Xanax for me and that was more than 10 years ago now.

I've never had that happen to me since. I will never forget how difficult is was quitting the Klonopin. Never again.