View Full Version : Anyone on desoxyn on a regular basis?

maysarieltiff
08-12-16, 02:33 AM
Hi,

I have already posted on here. I just wondered whom of you are on desoxyn on a regular basis and what you have experienced. I struggle with impulsivity, memory, and irritability. I have read desoxyn works more on serotonin, which supposedly can combat the the impulsiveness and irritability.

Thanks.

ShadowKitten
08-17-16, 03:49 PM
I'm on it, 17.5mg per day.

For irritability it is better than regular amphetamine due to reduced norepinephrine affinity. I don't think the serotonin differences make much of a difference at prescribed doses.

Short term memory is a little improved. Impulsiveness... kind of. It's better than it use to be i guess but I still go out and buy dessert foods every so often and stuff despite my teeth being almost completely in need of dentures(at age 25!).

I guess it would be better than adderall in that regard though. Really for me the biggest upside is that you just can't feel it like you do with adderall so it doesn't bug you as much throughout the day

xcardplayer
08-26-16, 03:03 PM
I took desoxyn in 2005-208 i was under the understanding its no being made any more? Os impossible to get? Is this true? Are people getting it prescribed still?

C15H25N3O
08-26-16, 04:52 PM
I love to read there are medications that help you guys although they are classified as super-evil.

ShadowKitten
09-03-16, 01:38 AM
I took desoxyn in 2005-208 i was under the understanding its no being made any more? Os impossible to get? Is this true? Are people getting it prescribed still?

I'm prescribed it, I get the generic version at walgreens

jeffb74
09-03-16, 05:30 PM
I'm prescribed it, I get the generic version at walgreens
Shadow Kitten, Have you taken other stimulants such as adderrall or dextroamphetamine(dexedrine) and can you compare your experience of desoxyn to the other more well known amphetamines used therapeutically to treat add if possible. Would love to see a comparison of the pros and cons if possible?

b3nault
12-10-16, 02:00 PM
Hi,

I have already posted on here. I just wondered whom of you are on desoxyn on a regular basis and what you have experienced. I struggle with impulsivity, memory, and irritability. I have read desoxyn works more on serotonin, which supposedly can combat the the impulsiveness and irritability.

Thanks.

I was taking it (mylan generic) for over a year a little while back (lost insurance and had to stop). I struggle with the same issues as yourself and it was the best medication I have used thus far for that (I've tried them all). The only thing it wasn't the best for was motivation, Dexedrine spansules was king for that.

I'll be starting Desoxyn (mayne generic) next week, hopefully it's as effective or
moreso than the mylan generic. My hopes are one day to take (1) 15mg Dexedrine spansule/(1) 5mg Desoxyn in AM and (1) 15mg Dexedrine spansule/(1) 5mg Desoxyn in afternoon. That would cover the entire spectrum of issues and I would be set. I've heard good things about that combo.