View Full Version : Seem to have gained a long term tolerance to stimulants.

ZayKayWill
08-12-16, 02:42 AM
Hi guys. So I've been recently taking Concerta 36mgs. I started about a year and a half ago. I used to be on Adderall but switched it. A few months ago or so I realized that I barely feel the Concerta anymore. Basically I'll take it and I'll feel like I'm sober. I know what you all are thinking. Just take a tolerance break, right? Well I've been doing that...usually I'll wait a week between doses to see if my tolerance has gone down and well...it hasn't. It's been like this for months and I'm starting to worry. I'll even take Adderall and I won't feel anything. I hate this.

sarahsweets
08-12-16, 02:58 AM
Tolerance is a lot more rare than you would think it is but it does happen. Personally I would say its a dose issue before its a med issue. Have youn exhausted all ,med combos that you can think of? What does your doctor nsay?

ZayKayWill
08-12-16, 03:05 AM
I've tried taking 2 concertas at once and it still feels like I'm sober. I haven't talked to my doctor yet. I'm going to bring it up next time I see him.

namazu
08-12-16, 08:04 PM
ZayKayWill, you should feel "sober" when you take medication. Sober and functional!

If you are looking for euphoria, you may run into problems.

Discussing it with your doctor is a good idea. Before your appointment, pay close attention to your ability to function (not how you feel, but how you do) so that you can describe its effects (or the effects you're not seeing anymore).