View Full Version : Strattera dosage with zoloft

Cozyyoung88
08-13-16, 11:49 AM
Hello. I just started Strattera 2 weeks ago. I started at 25mg and now I'm up to 40mg. My doctor wants to keep me at 40 mg. I'm also on 50 mg of Zoloft and my doctor says that Zoloft increases the blood levels of Strattera in the body. Everything I read it just sounds like 40mg is a tiny dose. I have had no bad side effects at all. I do weigh 200 lbs and I know the dosage is weight based. Has anyone had experience with this dose?

spamspambacon
08-13-16, 07:31 PM
Hello. I just started Strattera 2 weeks ago. I started at 25mg and now I'm up to 40mg. My doctor wants to keep me at 40 mg. I'm also on 50 mg of Zoloft and my doctor says that Zoloft increases the blood levels of Strattera in the body. Everything I read it just sounds like 40mg is a tiny dose. I have had no bad side effects at all. I do weigh 200 lbs and I know the dosage is weight based. Has anyone had experience with this dose?

I'm on Straterra, and I've not heard of it being based upon weight.
I guess I should say it has the "smaller than/bigger than" delineation using weight of 70kg (154 lbs), but they don't prescribe based upon weight in adults.

This is directly from the insert included with Straterra
(see Straterra.com, "Prescribing Information" at the very top of the page.)

DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION
2.1 Acute Treatment
Dosing of children and adolescents up to 70 kg body weight STRATTERA should be initiated at a total daily
dose of approximately 0.5 mg/kg and increased after a minimum of 3 days to a target total daily dose of approximately
1.2 mg/kg administered either as a single daily dose in the morning or as evenly divided doses in the morning and late
afternoon/early evening. No additional benefit has been demonstrated for doses higher than 1.2 mg/kg/day [see Clinical
Studies (14)].
The total daily dose in children and adolescents should not exceed 1.4 mg/kg or 100 mg, whichever is less.
Dosing of children and adolescents over 70 kg body weight and adults STRATTERA should be initiated at a
total daily dose of 40 mg and increased after a minimum of 3 days to a target total daily dose of approximately 80 mg
administered either as a single daily dose in the morning or as evenly divided doses in the morning and late
afternoon/early evening. After 2 to 4 additional weeks, the dose may be increased to a maximum of 100 mg in patients
who have not achieved an optimal response. There are no data that support increased effectiveness at higher doses [see
Clinical Studies (14)].
The maximum recommended total daily dose in children and adolescents over 70 kg and adults is 100 mg.
I took the 40 mg dose, and it did help a little. On the 80 mg dose, I feel it works the same as the 40 mg dose (go figure:scratch:).

I had gone about 4 weeks on the 40 mg before I bumped up to 80 mg.

I'm going to ask for the 100mg, but that's not gonna happen (my doc isn't ADHD med friendly - she put me on Straterra only because I begged.)

I take Effexor with the Straterra, just fine.

I can't speak to the issue of it conflicting with Zoloft; I wish I were more help.

spamspambacon
08-13-16, 07:37 PM
Call Lilly, who makes Straterra.

Ask them!
I'm always bugging the manufacturers for oddball info like this.

If you have additional questions about Strattera, call The Lilly Answers Center at 1-800-LillyRx (1-800-545-5979).

This toll-free number will connect you with a healthcare professional who can provide additional information. This is an information service provided by Eli Lilly and Company. It is not meant to replace your healthcare professional's advice. Your own healthcare professional is the best source of information regarding your health.

Little Missy
08-13-16, 09:01 PM
Call Lilly, who makes Straterra.

Ask them!
I'm always bugging the manufacturers for oddball info like this.

Yeah! Make them answer to their claims!