View Full Version : Your Obituary.

sarahsweets
08-18-16, 08:07 AM
Scroll down below the brief article to read his full obituary. I thought it was so clever and funny, it got me thinking....I may want to write my own before I die so I dont have some sad sappy one floating about that my poor kids have to come up with. I would love it to sound like me, with my sayings and spunk.
What do you guys think?

http://nyp.st/2aUHqmy

acdc01
08-18-16, 09:50 AM
That sounds like a good idea. I think your kids would like reading something that was written by you one last time. Maybe write them some letters to read after your death too.

I'm not going to be doing it though and I don't think I want to read your link. I'm very scared of death and prefer to ignore it till I'm dead.

Little Missy
08-18-16, 10:15 AM
That sounds like a good idea. I think your kids would like reading something that was written by you one last time. Maybe write them some letters to read after your death too.

I'm not going to be doing it though and I don't think I want to read your link. I'm very scared of death and prefer to ignore it till I'm dead.

Oh geez, I always hated to think that someone would be afraid of their own death. :(

My mum told everyone she knew to write their children letters for when they died. In fact, those friends of hers asked me continually if I found and read the letter she wrote to me. I asked my brother and he said he didn't get one either and then matter-of-factly told me "mum always had these great ideas to tell everyone else what to do." He was right!

I've been through everything left and there was not a letter to be found. I did however, find a piece of paper that she scrawled, "I love you more than you'll ever know." But she had written that when I went to the grocery store and she had gone to Costco with one of her friends.

I had to write my parents obits while seriously verbally bickering with the funeral home guys saying, "Hurry up so it'll be in todays paper", or my favourite, "That's TOO LONG! They won't print that!" :scratch: I had to fight with The Detroit News to print my dad's for free. Thirty years he worked there and I have to fight over the phone about it? I won but it was a hollow victory.

The only paper that didn't blink an eye was the paper here in Wyoming. They even printed the photo of them both AND sent me 100 newspapers for free to send the obits to all of her addresses of people she knew in her address book. I was in MI at the time. The paper here remembered my mum - "Oh, we all just LOVED her!"- and said they do that for everyone out of state. That is REALLY important to do for the deceased when they lived in multiple states. Oh God, it took FOREVER to do.

My brother acted like it was a foreign idea unknown to him and told me the postage alone was ridiculous. haha, that's my brother!

Oh, way off topic, sorry. I would only say that I had a kind and tender heart and was generous to a fault, especially for animals.

Sounds like a big made up lie considering how short and curt I can be on here sometimes but that's only my opinionated self, not the in person self.

Laserbeak
08-18-16, 11:02 AM
I just want something like "He had fun" as my obituary.

Unmanagable
08-18-16, 11:41 AM
I admire anyone who does things differently than what's expected. :)

I'd write my own, but not sure I'll get around to it in time. I'd also like to keep it short, like Laser mentioned, especially after helping a friend write her sons and seeing how much it costs per f'n word.

I remember back in the day, it used to be free to post one if you were local, and a small fee to post one if you didn't live in the same town as the paper, or if you wanted to add a photo.

I think it would be cool to have a billboard with my parting message on it. Hahahahahaha!!! Hmmmmm.......I'll get right on that.

I used to fear death and cringed anytime someone would mention it, especially if it was someone I loved and didn't want to live without, then I realized energy doesn't die, it just transforms.

Little Missy
08-18-16, 01:01 PM
I just want something like "He had fun" as my obituary.

and add that to mine!

psychopathetic
08-18-16, 01:06 PM
haha my favorite part is the Bob part.
Poor old Bob! lol

than those he had the privilege of serving with (except Bob, he never liked you, Bob).

Lunacie
08-18-16, 01:58 PM
I love it. :lol:

I was talking with my daughter a few days ago about what I want and don't want when I die. Definately cremation. Definately NOT a religious service.

Looks like this guy agreed with me about the religious service. ;)