View Full Version : Could Probiotics affect Vyvanse absorption ?

Rockafella83
08-20-16, 11:01 AM
Hi,

Anyone knows if Probiotics could affect Vyvanse absorption ? If there's gut problem, could be the case I guess but could a probiotic strain affect the absorption as it is absorbe trough the gut instead of being metabolized by the liver (Partially but mostly absorption occur in the guts).

There's different enzymes implicated in the conversion (Trypsinogen) but I guess anything that affect the gut could also affect absorption rate or modify how the enzymes occur in the body.

I'm asking this because I build tolerance really fast (1month & half) so before asking my PDoc to crank dosage, I wanted to try a few things. Pancreatin is part of what I wanna try next week as in include proteases in it (for Trypsin which is part of the metabolization process).

Everytime I get dosage increase, work good for a few days and then, way less efficient. And I know everything about what's going on with vyvanse, don't produce "high" as Adderall, too low or too high feel sometime the same as Vyvanse is really smooth, which is not a bad thing in my case but I don't want that at the price of loosing the efficiency of what the meds are suppose to do. I also try to control every aspect of my life (Sleep, exercise, eating well, etc), try to handle everything that could affect the meds but still, it is a big mystery to me right now.

I got Dexedrine that I use sometime at the end of the day and I know that it work pretty well so before I ask my PDoc to switch to Adderall XR, I wanted to clarify on my own a few things. Any observations or knowledge on that would be appreciated, thanks,

Phil

sarahsweets
08-24-16, 09:54 AM
Are you sure its a tolerance issue?

Rockafella83
08-24-16, 12:15 PM
I've tested Pancreatin yesterday and today, and I must say that it really help, I felt it working way better. So I guess it's not necessarly tolerance more than being low in Trypsin (My theory). I take Magnesium at night which I believe, help for tolerance.

From this website;

http://adhd-treatment-options.blogspot.ca/2009/10/drugs-genes-and-adhd.html

Trypsin is an extremely common digestive enzyme produced predominantly in the pancreas. It is responsible for breaking up chemical linkages much like that of the one used to de-activate Vyvanse. Thus, a genetically-governed deficiency of the trypsin enzyme could lead to a severely hampered absorption (and subsequent metabolism and clearance of the ADHD drug Vyvanse).

Trypsin is actually coded for by a series of enzymes, often referred to as Trypsinogen, which located on the 7th human chromosome (in the "q35" region of the chromosome to be more exact). Individuals with pancreatic deficiencies, including pancreatitis have been tied down to having mutations in this trypsinogen gene.

Therefore, while this genetic region on the 7th chromosome hasn't been sufficiently studied with regards to Vyvanse (at least to the best of this blogger's current knowledge), this blogger personally believes that aberrations in the region of the Trypsinogen gene on this 7th human chromosome may be a worthwhile place to look for genetic response-based differences to the ADHD medication Vyvanse.

C15H25N3O
08-26-16, 06:13 PM
Experience:
I have no tolerance. I also take a high quality magnesium and probiotics but I dont have breakfast. If I have breakfast I need 130% of Vyvanse. When I think it does not work anymore I have a break, relax from AMP, recover and it works again like before. :-)

Advice:
Try to get out of this crappy med-hyper-focus. It is better to take it and not to waste thoughts on meds and enjoy life or think about future.

sarahsweets
08-29-16, 06:53 AM
From the article:
In conclusion, we should note that some of these genes (such as DAT) have been well-studied and have repeatedly shown to be associated factor in proper dosing of ADHD medications. Others, however, such as the trypsinogen gene for Vyvanse are more at the theoretical level at the moment. However, this blogger believes that in the next couple of decades, (due in part to our expanding knowledge of the human genetic code and functional genomics), genetic screens will become foutinely more commonplace as a necessary tool for both prescribing and dosing medications. With regards to this general trend, psychotropic medications for disorders such as ADHD should be no exception
I am not a huge believer in using blogs with theories as a basis for starting a supplement.

Rockafella83
08-30-16, 12:34 PM
I understand your point Sara. And to be honest, I tend to become more and more sceptical about the supplements industry. Unfortunatly, when things aren't working as it should be, and Practionners don't know more than you do or make things worst, and psychiatrist are'nt accessible for further evaluations, you gotta be proactive and get a point of reference somewhere.

I can't confirm that the source of the blog itself is credible, and I don't base my decision on this blog neither on what I read on this forum. I base my decision on the necessity of getting things done and on improving my condition which imply sometime to give it a shot at differents perspectives/approach in which "Traditional Medecine" aren't there yet to confirm the validity.

That's the path I decided to choose. I don't recommend anyone to follow it, but as there are still a lot of research to get done in neuroscience, I take what I can get and hope for the best, at the cost of sometime getting it wrong.

Sound "Cliché" but;

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein