View Full Version : Is this forgetfulness or what?

excel7210
08-20-16, 03:58 PM
hi everyone,
When my Partner tells me to do something,and before I start she already demands me to do something else. I say "demand" because it is too much!
Is her mind just running to fast or she just forgets what she said a few minutes before!
And worst still,often things said before are the opposite of what was said a few minutes before. Is she just forgetting what she said before,or she just evaluates everything every second afresh?
You see why it is difficult to do what she says? or does she have two different brains? And when i do not do what she says,she threatens me or rage.
This life is unfair?

TLCisaQT
08-27-16, 01:29 PM
Ummm not sure if it is forgetfulness or being mean but you may want to reconsider this person as a partner - sounds potentially abusive

sarahsweets
08-27-16, 02:06 PM
hi everyone,
When my Partner tells me to do something,and before I start she already demands me to do something else. I say "demand" because it is too much!
Is her mind just running to fast or she just forgets what she said a few minutes before!
And worst still,often things said before are the opposite of what was said a few minutes before. Is she just forgetting what she said before,or she just evaluates everything every second afresh?
You see why it is difficult to do what she says? or does she have two different brains? And when i do not do what she says,she threatens me or rage.
This life is unfair?

No one should be demanding anything from a partner if they are in a loving relationship

ADHDWife&Mom
08-29-16, 10:04 AM
This doesnt really sound like your average ADHD person. Maybe this person has another disorder along with ADHD or has been misdiagnosed. The forgetfulness happens with ADHD but not how you describe. Its more that they arent paying attention so they dont really forget so much as they didnt actually totally hear it to begin with. Also if they are giving the directions that isnt usually something they will forget its usually when someone else is telling them something.
This relationship you are describing sounds very abusive and you should really seek counseling for her if possible but at least for yourself to help you deal with it.

excel7210
09-12-16, 12:40 AM
This doesnt really sound like your average ADHD person. Maybe this person has another disorder along with ADHD or has been misdiagnosed. The forgetfulness happens with ADHD but not how you describe. Its more that they arent paying attention so they dont really forget so much as they didnt actually totally hear it to begin with. Also if they are giving the directions that isnt usually something they will forget its usually when someone else is telling them something.
This relationship you are describing sounds very abusive and you should really seek counseling for her if possible but at least for yourself to help you deal with it.

Hi,thanks for your assessment of the situation. I also think there is a big narcissistic personality disorder here,not only because she is always boasting about her success over everyone else. Her father said in a negative sense, that "she is always proving something" And this has caused anger against her at her place of work. She always says that she is better than me insulting me saying that i am nothing etc

sarahsweets
09-12-16, 11:56 PM
Hi,thanks for your assessment of the situation. I also think there is a big narcissistic personality disorder here,not only because she is always boasting about her success over everyone else. Her father said in a negative sense, that "she is always proving something" And this has caused anger against her at her place of work. She always says that she is better than me insulting me saying that i am nothing etc

This should be an eye opener then about whether you should stay in this reltionship or not.