View Full Version : Anyone knowledgeable about EDI invoices?

optimismhitting
08-21-16, 08:33 AM
Do you know the differences/advantages between the traditional paper purchase order and its electronic counterpart? I am referring- electronic data interchange. All I know is that it is faster. What else can you say?

Sorry, If I posted this in the wrong place. Hope you can still help.

namazu
08-21-16, 12:00 PM
Is this question for a class assignment? What is the context?

optimismhitting
08-21-16, 01:16 PM
Sorry if it sounds like I am doing my son's homework. LOL :) Actually, I am finalizing the questions for our survey regarding EDI invoices. I just wanna know how many people are familiar with it. Also, me myself is not an expert in terms of this subject and I think its better to gather details before we conduct the actual survey.

Hope you can still share your knowledge.

PositiveThinker
08-22-16, 02:57 AM
EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) is the transfer of data from one computer system to another by standardized message formatting, without the need for human intervention. EDI permits multiple companies -- possibly in different countries -- to exchange documents electronically. EDI applies to documents such as purchase orders, invoices, shipping notices and commission sales reports, as well as other important or classified information. For example, an insurance company can verify that an applicant has a driver's license through an EDI exchange. Having an EDI really makes everything easier. I hope this one helps.

PositiveThinker
08-22-16, 02:58 AM
Based on what I understand, this EDI voices is a tool that allows a company to improve its business efficiency in terms of lowering its paper handling expenses, improving its speed and accuracy. It actually helps reduce errors to improve overall operations. I hope that will help you.

optimismhitting
08-22-16, 08:29 AM
I think we have the same reference @PositiveThinker "Cassinfo" Anyway, I appreciate your help guys. TY