View Full Version : wellbutrin and rage

dusty1
08-21-16, 06:27 PM
So has anyone found anything that helps when the bouts of rage come on? I know that when it's happening what I'm feeling is way over the top for the situation, so I recognize that. And a lot of times I can walk away. Sometimes I lash out (like,...husband doing the laundry "wrong").

I otherwise like WB quite a lot. I'm wondering if anyone has found an adjunct med that would help just during those times?

julialouise
10-19-16, 07:03 PM
recognizing the emotions/feelings, taking a second to close my eyes, and begin breathing deeply until i can focus on my breath, and then do that for a little bit. oh, and try to remove myself from the situation, physically

ive only experienced this a couple times since starting, but i started a little over a month ago (but only started taking my prescribed dosage -300mg- consistently within the past 1.5/2 weeks)

my irritability/anger was worse in the beginning

xanax also helps when necessary

the only psychiatric meds i'm taking are Wb XL, xanax as needed, and i guess i can count my birth control because the hormone-interference apparently can worsen depression

Mr.focus
10-19-16, 11:28 PM
I get rage all the time, specially in relationship.

A easy tip is to yell all your rage, all your emotion in your pillow. Like really, yelling like if you are being kills. I do it over and over again. Nobody can hear or look at you. If you don't have a pillow near, i sometime just go somewhere im alone and put my fist in my mouth to absorb the noise.

It get the "bad emotion" out of my body.

Hope it help!

julialouise
10-20-16, 11:33 PM
kicking and throwing things (as long as they dont damage the item, the thing youre throwing it at, and doesn't frighten/upset anyone around you -so its best to do it alone-)

i got real upset while i was at work today because i kept messing up on this frame i was trying to construct out of 2x4's and my boss was in a bad mood and i was mad at myself so u get the picture

i ended up throwing a speed square (more like chucking it to the side) and later on i kicked a trash can (which had another trash can inside it?) and i warned my coworkers that i was about to do it so it wouldn't startle them totally lol

but i also did some of that breathing and closed my eyes and took 0.50mg xanax lol