View Full Version : Methylphenidate/concerta problems with peaks and valleys.

yepimonfire
08-22-16, 01:03 PM
I originally restarted on meds after being off for a long time and was put on concerta, while the dose was too low, one thing I did notice (at least initially when it worked a bit during the first few days of noob tolerance) is that it was barely effective until about the 5-6hr mark, at which point I would get a giant surge of focus that would last two hours and then slowly taper off. Psych put me on ritalin at my request, because I generally have problems with XR medications not releasing consistently (sometimes it works, sometimes never kicks in etc.) but with that, I've noticed it's only effective for about 3 hours, being most effective the second hour after taking the dose and least effective the hour after. Is there any other form of ritalin or dosing strategy I could try to maintain a more consistent effect?

sarahsweets
08-24-16, 02:14 AM
I originally restarted on meds after being off for a long time and was put on concerta, while the dose was too low, one thing I did notice (at least initially when it worked a bit during the first few days of noob tolerance) is that it was barely effective until about the 5-6hr mark, at which point I would get a giant surge of focus that would last two hours and then slowly taper off. Psych put me on ritalin at my request, because I generally have problems with XR medications not releasing consistently (sometimes it works, sometimes never kicks in etc.) but with that, I've noticed it's only effective for about 3 hours, being most effective the second hour after taking the dose and least effective the hour after. Is there any other form of ritalin or dosing strategy I could try to maintain a more consistent effect?
How many times a day are you taking the ritalin?

yepimonfire
08-26-16, 01:51 PM
How many times a day are you taking the ritalin?

Well now I'm taking 20mg 4x a day and just taking it whenever it feels like it's about to wear off (approximately every 3 hours) and it seems to be working better.

C15H25N3O
08-27-16, 08:04 PM
Wellbutrin could increase ritalins effectiveness.
Focalin is meth-methylphenidate and should be 2-3 times as potent.
Could be worth a try.
Otherwise there are only amphetamines left.