View Full Version : Med confusion

Soljun
08-25-16, 10:59 PM
I have tried contacting my doctor with this question but I have not heard back from them. I was recently perscribed vyvanse for adhd and Duloxitine for anxiety. I also have an anxiety disorder that I medicated with alcohol. I am sober now, and my gp doctor perscribed me Campral. I have been scared to take the duloxitine because im a recovering alcoholic and Im scared duloxitine will hurt my liver. Is it ok to take Campral with vyvanse? And is duloxitine ok to take for recovering alcoholics? Is it safe to take all these meds together? Interactions?

sarahsweets
08-26-16, 04:09 AM
I am an alcoholic in recovery and never had an issue with cymbalta. Ive taken if for 13 years and have been sober for almost 4.

Laserbeak
08-26-16, 05:21 AM
From what I see from scanning several sites, it definitely is toxic to the liver and could possibly interfere with a variety of psychoactive drugs.

I'd stick with the tried and true -- benzodiazepines. Although they can be addictive, if you religiously stick with your prescription directions, you'll be fine. And there is no better anxiolytic.

sarahsweets
08-26-16, 05:44 AM
I am an alcoholic in recovery and never had an issue with cymbalta. Ive taken if for 13 years and have been sober for almost 4.
Also, my pharmacy has alerted me before when a medication is considered dangerous based on what else I take. When I stopped drinking I had fatty liver disease, high liver enzymes and an enlarged liver. Since then, no fatty liver disease, liver enzymes are good. Like I said I have been on it for 13 years so maybe that makes a difference.

C15H25N3O
08-26-16, 05:01 PM
Blood-screenings are cheap. You can get liver data for 10 bucks if you make it directly at a local laboratory. So why not control it on your own every second week until you are used to the meds? There is not such a huge difference to checking bloodpressure and heart rates on your own and why should everyone trust empiric studies data?