View Full Version : anger causes blackouts

crystalisland83
08-26-16, 06:10 AM
anyone else get blackouts when they get really angry or upset? example: someone starts screaming at you for taking a parking space and your anxiety hits the roof causing you to black out and go bat sh** crazy?

acdc01
08-26-16, 07:07 AM
I think you should talk to your dr about this.

Bluechoo
08-26-16, 12:00 PM
Never, not once... And I have had my share of adult temper tantrums.

sarahsweets
08-26-16, 02:04 PM
I think you need to seek help for this.

peripatetic
08-26-16, 06:16 PM
anyone else get blackouts when they get really angry or upset? example: someone starts screaming at you for taking a parking space and your anxiety hits the roof causing you to black out and go bat sh** crazy?

i don't think i fully understand what you mean by you "go bat sh** crazy". like, what, specifically, happens? you yell back or you take all of your clothes off or...what?

do you have a therapist or psychiatrist? when you say you "blackout" do you mean you dissociate? i'm kinda assuming you don't have a therapist/psychiatrist or you simply haven't felt comfortable enough to talk about this with that person.

i want to agree with the others who've said you should talk to someone. if you don't already see a mental health professional, depending on how your healthcare works, you can ask for a referral. i suspect that whatever behavior you're engaging in that you describe as "crazy" above might be stuff that could lead to consequences, so i strongly encourage you to find someone you can talk to in person, a mental health professional, and you can start by printing out your post here and giving it to him/her. that should be enough to get a dialogue going.

if you do see someone already, same thing: print out your opening post and hand it over at your next appointment. you need to get some support and guidance in tackling this, though i can imagine it's hard to open up about...it's imperative that you do.

best wishes to you,
-peri