View Full Version : Too many problems

Angelus
08-28-16, 03:58 AM
Hey guys, new user here. I'm really glad to find a community like this.

So my issue is that I'm dealing with anxiety to the point where I just take Dexedrine at night because I know I'm staying up even if I take sleep aids. This all really started when my girlfriend and I broke up. I was absolutely broken. Between us we have a friend who's basically a little sister or even daughter to us.

After we broke up she made a lot of bad mistakes involving lewd things. The worst part was when I she involved our daughter like friend in it. I was just destroyed more and more each day.

My heart was racing none stop for such a long period (about a week) to where I honestly felt that if this kept going on my heart would exhaust itself and I would die. In the end she realized how stupid she was about the lewd stuff. She really stepped up to fix things. No we aren't back together, and I resolved my heart racing with the help of friends.

So now the situation is that my ex is gone (sorta) and she left me with our daughter. I am just puzzled honestly. I am 17, I fell in love, my ex left me with our teenage daughter. It's a real eye opener when you can relate with single father advice.

The problems revolve around our daughter. Before she met us she literally tore through 16 boyfriends in less than 2 years (her longest relationship was 1 year) she still has problems with romance, she tore through another 4 with us up to now. We fight all the time, she's na´ve to where she believes anyone (including someone who sexually 'used' her and cheated and is much older ) who is nice to her is a good person.

I asked her to take an online screening (it uses some of the exact questions on a ADHD screening) to evaluate her psychological state. She basically scored more than 50/100 on everything, PTSD, anxiety, stress, everything except substance abuse. As you can imagine dealing with her and teaching her right from wrong is very energy consuming.

I used to be 'okay' without Dexedrine; you know how it is. But now I'm depending on Dexedrine 24/7, I have tics when I'm not on Dexedrine. Basically most of the negative side effects of Dexedrine are opposite for me. Instead of causing anxiety or tics Dexedrine drastically reduces those things for me.

When I'm not on it and I'm dealing with this stuff it's just not possible really. I just avoid everything if I'm not on Dexedrine now; Electronics, family, social circles, everything I just keep away.

As for the girl I'm looking after. She is of course not biological, we do not live under the same roof. Her parents are very negligent of her. They literally feed her once a day during Summer (Her mom works night shift and normally cooks one meal a day because she ate breakfast and lunch at school) I mean you can already just imagine how neglected she is if they forget to feed her three meals a day.

Her biological family makes enough to get by and a little extra and is not really abusive but they are certainly ignoring very important needs. Leaving her the way she is right now is absolutely not going to happen. I fancy myself as well learned, I'm not trying to brag (my exam scores are actually low) but please do take my word when I say I know a lot.

My ex is just stressing me out in so many ways. She says she wants to focus on school but sticks around when she can. And when she can stick around she's basically ignoring our daughter or putting on hold for friends and just making her feel worse. I will entirely admit that I do want her as my spouse and I'm trying to get out the friendzone.

It is as you can imagine difficult.

I'm trying to stay on my A game to get my ex back while supporting our daughter academically, psychologically, and a number of times even medically. High School is around the clock and I'm pretty sure I took too much Dexedrine and wont last till the new prescription is available.

This is taking a toll on me physically and psychologically. I'm becoming more and more dependent on Dexedrine, anxiety and stress is at an all time high. I don't know how I'm going to deal with this when I'm back in school. I can't run away from the source of my problems, I can't take a vacation. Honestly I'm just at a loss.

I am very grateful for whoever read through all that. I know it was a lot

sarahsweets
08-28-16, 12:34 PM
After we broke up she made a lot of bad mistakes involving lewd things. The worst part was when I she involved our daughter like friend in it. I was just destroyed more and more each day.

Wait- how old are all of you? How old is the daughter/sister/friend?

So now the situation is that my ex is gone (sorta) and she left me with our daughter. I am just puzzled honestly. I am 17, I fell in love, my ex left me with our teenage daughter. It's a real eye opener when you can relate with single father advice.

You are 17??

The problems revolve around our daughter. Before she met us she literally tore through 16 boyfriends in less than 2 years (her longest relationship was 1 year) she still has problems with romance, she tore through another 4 with us up to now.
No offense but this isnt your business. She may need help for codependency but how many boyfriends she has and what you think it says about her isnt important.

We fight all the time, she's na´ve to where she believes anyone (including someone who sexually 'used' her and cheated and is much older ) who is nice to her is a good person.

If she was under age at the time then this is statutory rape and I hope you called the police.

I used to be 'okay' without Dexedrine; you know how it is. But now I'm depending on Dexedrine 24/7, I have tics when I'm not on Dexedrine. Basically most of the negative side effects of Dexedrine are opposite for me. Instead of causing anxiety or tics Dexedrine drastically reduces those things for me.
You have to realize that this is misuse/abuse of your meds. I am sure your doc doesnt approve of meds all day and night.Lack of sleep will affect your mental state enough where dealing with her will be harder. I think you need to talk to someone about this, and possibly try a long action medication.

As for the girl I'm looking after. She is of course not biological, we do not live under the same roof. Her parents are very negligent of her. They literally feed her once a day during Summer (Her mom works night shift and normally cooks one meal a day because she ate breakfast and lunch at school) I mean you can already just imagine how neglected she is if they forget to feed her three meals a day.

If you dont live together, how can you be the one to teach her? She cant learn how to be in a child/parent relationship without having some kind of live in experience.
I dont know if her welfare is your responsibility. Look I get it-I know what its like to want to care for a neglected child- but the best thing you can do is to report her parents to the authorities and be involved enough to foster her- is she is a minor. If she isnt a minor then she has to be the one to leave the parents.

My ex is just stressing me out in so many ways. She says she wants to focus on school but sticks around when she can. And when she can stick around she's basically ignoring our daughter or putting on hold for friends and just making her feel worse. I will entirely admit that I do want her as my spouse and I'm trying to get out the friendzone.

IMO no way would I consider a permanent relationship with her.
She is obviously no mature enough to be in one.

I'm trying to stay on my A game to get my ex back while supporting our daughter academically, psychologically, and a number of times even medically. High School is around the clock and I'm pretty sure I took too much Dexedrine and wont last till the new prescription is available.

Forget the ex, get the dex misuse under control. I know you say it helps you- but all day and at night isnt a good thing.
You might not think this is a 'real' problem but it is. Its self medication which can easliy lead to addiction and if your doctor gets wind of this you will be f**ked.
I really hope you make time to help you. I hope you consider looking into codependency- for you, the ex and the daugter.
If you are 17 youre not done maturing. Adolescence isnt over until your 20's. You are not giving yourself a chance or doing yourself any favors by taking all this on.