View Full Version : 2 rounds in 1 day

donio95
08-30-16, 04:24 PM
Can i take vyvanse twice in a day? For example in friday evening i want to go out with a girl and its realy hard for me to listen , and the med help me with my impulsive and social anxious to, so can i take it again in the same day? Or can cause a problem to myself?

namazu
08-30-16, 04:42 PM
It's not usually recommended to take 2 doses of Vyvanse in one day.

If your medication does not last long enough to cover your evening activities, ask your doctor about a late-afternoon "booster" dose.

Some doctors will prescribe a dose of short-acting medication (like dextroamphetamine) to take later in the day (on a regular basis or only when you have evening activities planned). This may help if the Vyvanse wears off too soon.

It is less common (but not unheard-of) to take 2 doses of a long-acting medication like Vyvanse. For some people, taking 2 doses of an extended-release medication may cause trouble with sleep or increase other side effects, which is why a short-acting medication may be used as a second dose instead.

Discuss your options with your doctor, and I hope you can find a solution that works for you!

donio95
08-30-16, 04:55 PM
My doctor gave me to try adderall ir as booster, and it's not working for me, and we don't have dex in my country. I told him that 70 mg working for me sometime only for 8 hours and he said that he cant do anything and the max dose for a day is 70

C15H25N3O
08-30-16, 06:48 PM
Vyvanse twice a day works 20 or more hours for me. Its no good idea to be tired but on meds.

I dont like mixing different amphetamine salts (almost dex) because it has a completely different effect.

It is similar like drinking beer after wine. Maybe nice for rush seekers but not for enjoying a good wine.

You could call your doctor if you can boost with 20-30mg after 6-8 hours for a special situation.

You could take your dosage at noon instead of the morning.

donio95
08-30-16, 07:05 PM
dex and vyvanse is not the same amphetamine salt?

namazu
08-30-16, 07:22 PM
Hmmm...that's more challenging, if you have fewer short-acting options and Adderall doesn't work well for you.

They are very similar.

Vyvanse is lisedexamfetamine, which is a "pro-drug" of dextroamphetamine.

In other words, after you take a Vyvanse pill, enzymes in your kidneys [? I think?] break it down to dextroamphetamine.

aeon
08-30-16, 07:23 PM

Yes, they are...dextroamphetamine sulfate...one is that directly, one is that after an enzymatic process.

And there is no problem with taking Vyvanse twice a day if the offset in time is small enough to achieve the total dose and total time you are looking for.

As always, talk to your doctor first, and no, this is not medical advice.

Cheers,
Ian

C15H25N3O
08-30-16, 08:35 PM
I am not deep enough into it but it should be different what happens to pure dex in the liver and what happens with its pro-drug which could be a reason for its weakness.

I cannot imagine pure dex will bypass the liver while lisdex will be metabolized to dex and both reach next waypoint as the same substance.

aeon
08-30-16, 08:54 PM
I am not deep enough into it but it could be different what happens to pure dex in the liver than what happens with its pro-drug which could be a reason for its weakness.

No, that has nothing to do with it. That affects time of onset, though.

The reason Vyvanse is weak is simply because it has less dextroamphetamine base per milligram than any other ADHD drug of the same chemical class.

Back when I trialed Vyvanse, it was every bit as good *if* you took enough to achieve base equivalency.

Consult:

Conversion Factors for Common ADHD Medications (http://addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173221)

Which is a pity, given how damned expensive it is. Why pay more for less?

If you need the kind of efficacy Vyvanse simply cannot deliver, you must remember the one and only, the measure by which all others are judged, the gold standard for decades:

Dexedrine

Cheers,
Ian

sarahsweets
08-31-16, 04:42 AM
Alot of insurances wont cover two doses of vyvanse because its considered one of the only long acting drugs to last 12 hours- however I have yet to meet a person that truly got 12 solid hours out of their vyvanse.

oasismonkey
09-12-16, 06:07 PM
Alot of insurances wont cover two doses of vyvanse because its considered one of the only long acting drugs to last 12 hours- however I have yet to meet a person that truly got 12 solid hours out of their vyvanse.

Exactly! And with no discount they charge $10/pill! "Good Rx" is a good app for your smart phone. My new health insurance doesn't start until October. I saved $140 by using the app. You save even if you have insurance. The pharmacist at CVS told me about it. I could have saved more if I took my prescription somewhere else. Sometimes there are crazy sales.

Here is another coupon for Vyvanse: https://www.shireregistration.com/vyvanse%20savings%20link?s=d360b53e-33c4-436d-a119-4477d1cd8bd0

C15H25N3O
09-12-16, 09:09 PM
Vyvanse is not covered by insurance in my country because amphetamines are not licensed for adults over here.

I have to pay it on my own. Thats why I am prescribed to 40mg and 70mg which I split in 2x35mg for 2 days.

If I need a amp-booster I take another 10mg after 3-8 hours which works perfect for me at 35-40mg.

I rarely need a booster because it works 13 hours without any crash but less vigilance and attention.

This way a Vyvanse-booster is really cheap. I pay 60 cent for an original boost – no different salt, no different effect – just what I am used to.

I think everyone can afford it after a nice chat to the doc and a good doc should give a "go for it".

I like my doc.